Thread: Roland Kit with Yamaha Module?

User Info Menu

Default Roland Kit with Yamaha Module?

I am trying to find out if it's OK to use a Yamaha DTXPress II Module with a Roland TD-4 VDrum Kit with all mesh heads??? Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone already done this with good or bad results, I'd like to know.

Thanks;

Cal Talbot

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland Kit with Yamaha Module?

I do not know for sure seeing as I have no roland pads but I have a dtxpress IV module and im using yamaha, alesis, and home made triggers so I cannot imagine it would be a problem
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

I don't see why they wouldn't be, if both kits use the same cables and have the same inputs on their trigger designs. Heck i've used a Roland module on name brand triggers, so I would try it if you want a neat little hybrid kit. Give it a try, if it doesn't work you can return it to the store(assuming you bought it at one).
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I've read they actually trigger differently, so it might be an issue. There are some Roland V Drum Forums online you can post to. I'm sure they would give you the scoop.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

It will probably trigger the main pads (i.e., head) fine…it's usually the the second zone (rim) where you might have issues..the hihat may be the one pad that won't work correctly, because yamaha and roland do things opposite with regards to the foot control pedal...

User Info Menu

How might I find those online forums for Roland VDrums, do you have some addresses?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Talbot View Post
    How might I find those online forums for Roland VDrums, do you have some addresses?
    As far as forums go, I know Roland has one called Vdrums. Can't link to other forums here as per the forum rules here. A quick google for Vdrums should get the link for you, but if not I can pm.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    It will probably trigger the main pads (i.e., head) fine…it's usually the the second zone (rim) where you might have issues..the hihat may be the one pad that won't work correctly, because yamaha and roland do things opposite with regards to the foot control pedal...
    That's exactly what I was told.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Yeah may have some issues with HH pedal and some dual trigger pads. Some of my older Roland pads have a polarity switch on the side of them for using with other modules. I have never done it ,though.

I have used other brand pads and triggers with my Roland brain (TD-7), though, with no issues.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com