Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russ is a MOD!

User Info Menu

Default Russ is a MOD!

Attention K-mart shoppers... Russ is now a mod and he'll be helping with the forum. Russ not only has a high post count but he has been committed to the forum for a long time now, even helping with moderation before he was "official" (Thank you Russ!)

Current mods are now:

Pastor Bob (super mod)
    Drummer (super mod)
    Bongo Bro
    Bish
    Russ

If you need help with a technical issue or need clarification on the rules, please let any of us know.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Russ is a MOD!

It's an amazing honor and an absolute privelege to be a part of this team as well as the site itself. I could not wish for anything like this at any other location, it's a great place and took me surprise! I'm very thankful as well as excited to receive the title as moderator of this forum, and will try to fulfill my duties to the best of my ability. I love you all.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hooray for Russ!

When I first got here I thought he was a mod :P

Russ=cool=mod=drummer
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

congrad Russ
    well deserve
    i will be MOD in 10 years

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

RUSS!! RUSS!! RUSS!! RUSS!! RUSS!! RUSS!! RUSS!! RUSS!!

User Info Menu

Congratulations, Russ. I'll have to tone down my rib-digging, now, perhaps..? Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap (well, possibly, it could, but you get the idea...).
    Onward and upward...
    Have a nice day.
    Dad3353 (Douglas...)

User Info Menu

Congratulations Russ! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

User Info Menu

Every time I see congratulations I think corngrabulations. So corngrabulations, Russ!

User Info Menu

congrats russ

from mascot to mod ...its been good to have you around bud

User Info Menu

Wait a sec....Russ is a Mod?

Oops, not that kinda Mod, lol!

All the best mate, congrats!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I think we all saw this coming :P

Congrats, mate!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Congratulations, Russ.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

you are such a ham ! Enjoy the ride.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

Larrysperf Guest

Dam can I swear now can I eh eh come on Russ can I lol
    Congrates man

User Info Menu

Congrats Russ!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Attention K-mart shoppers... Russ is now a mod ...
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Congratulations!

Erik

User Info Menu

I will never be a part of any site where this particular member is a mod. sadly, i will probably be banned by him for this post anyways.

anyone remember this thread?
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ing-14343.html
    scroll down to post number 14 and 15.

all of the guys that have been here for a long time know exactly where i am coming from. im not the first to leave the site because of him (not the second or third either). he has caused many thread closures and created a whole world of wrong and mis-leading information for beginner drummers to find on this forum. this is not someone i would trust to moderate my posts and potentially see my private messages, he has destroyed alot on this site.

this moderator WILL cause internal problems in what once was THE best drummer forum in the world. i personally will never visit this site again until his moderation privileges are revoked.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    I will never be a part of any site where this particular member is a mod. sadly, i will probably be banned by him for this post anyways.

all of the guys that have been here for a long time know exactly where i am coming from. im not the first to leave the site because of him (not the second or third either). he has caused many thread closures and created a whole world of wrong and mis-leading information for beginner drummers to find on this forum. this is not someone i would trust to moderate my posts and potentially see my private messages, he has destroyed alot on this site.

this moderator WILL cause internal problems in what once was THE best drummer forum in the world. i personally will never visit this site again until his moderation privileges are revoked.
    I have to agree. I think this is a bad decision. Anybody remember Mortaldrumbat? I wont boycott the site, but I wont be around near as much.

User Info Menu

looks like some people are coming out of the closet ^^^^

User Info Menu

ive gotten corrected by mods here and i rightly deserved it, my girlfriend always found it funny that the only trouble i get into is on a drum forum.
    without mods id be the most hated guy on this site, likely already am!
    Russ has a wealth of info, congrats!
    i dont plan on getting drumchat detention ever again!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post

Wow, feeling the love. I have my faults the same as anyone else has the potential to have, I do check my information(although i got off to a rough start and didn't in the beginning) before posting it especially to those needing assistance. I'm always more than happy to help anyone in need, but understandably I can not be forgiven for any past mistakes of my own doing in the eyes of certain members. I wouldn't ban you for speaking your opinion even if I had that power, I value your wisdom and experiences here and ask you to reconsider leaving(it's not a pretty sight when someone has to be banned). Besides, you're being civil and respectful of the rules in the way that you voice it, so i've no such problem with you. It saddens me that it is not a two way street. I did not know you felt this way, since you never once contacted me via pm about anything I did or didn't do. I hope in the future you change your mind and continue posting here. Be safe..
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Aye Russ don't take it bad man we all been through the grinder sort of speaking on this forum. I have had issues with people if you can remember so nobody is perfect. I have always respected your replies and wish you the best not that I am sucking up to you or anything or maybe LOL. Congrats man

User Info Menu

Alright, let me call a spade a spade here and get things out in the open. Russ was a bit guilty in the beginning of having answers for things without always having the facts and/or experience to back it up. It does annoy some of us that do have this experience. I understand that it can get under your skin but I think if you've hung around here long enough, you can see great improvement. Look, we all make mistakes and blunders along the way. I have a bad habit of being a little co cky and proud now and then. But I also expect credit for some improvement over the years. I lay lower these days and I try to be careful how I say things so that it doesn't come across the wrong way.

Russ volunteered to be a mod a long time ago. We didn't have the need at the time. Regardless, he continued to help (for years!) on the side lines without ever asking for anything in return or bringing it up again. He has been "very" helpful. So, it only made sense that we make it official at some point. Russ doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would abuse this power. I have full confidence that he will moderate fairly as the rest of us try to do.

Let's give this guy a chance OK guys? Like I said, he's already been helping out and everyone benefits as a result. If you don't like Russ, that's OK. Some people in here may not like me either as I tow the hard line sometimes. But there's no reason to leave as a result. Just look the other way. I've said it before... You will never find a forum where you like 100% of the people the same. There will always be people that you don't have anything in common with or that annoy you a bit for whatever reason. That's just life.

Let's show more love and less judgement. We're DRUMMERS and we're all in this together!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Alright, let me call a spade a spade here and get things out in the open. Russ was a bit guilty in the beginning of having answers for things without always having the facts and/or experience to back it up. It does annoy some of us that do have this experience. I understand that it can get under your skin but I think if you've hung around here long enough, you can see great improvement. Look, we all make mistakes and blunders along the way. I have a bad habit of being a little co cky and proud now and then. But I also expect credit for some improvement over the years. I lay lower these days and I try to be careful how I say things so that it doesn't come across the wrong way.

Russ volunteered to be a mod a long time ago. We didn't have the need at the time. Regardless, he continued to help (for years!) on the side lines without ever asking for anything in return or bringing it up again. He has been "very" helpful. So, it only made sense that we make it official at some point. Russ doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would abuse this power. I have full confidence that he will moderate fairly as the rest of us try to do.

Let's give this guy a chance OK guys? Like I said, he's already been helping out and everyone benefits as a result. If you don't like Russ, that's OK. Some people in here may not like me either as I tow the hard line sometimes. But there's no reason to leave as a result. Just look the other way. I've said it before... You will never find a forum where you like 100% of the people the same. There will always be people that you don't have anything in common with or that annoy you a bit for whatever reason. That's just life.

Let's show more love and less judgement. We're DRUMMERS and we're all in this together!
    Couldn't have said it better.
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos