Thread: Worst 4th of july accident

User Info Menu

Default Worst 4th of july accident

I set a whole block of juniper bushes on fire with a roman candle, when I was 12, man did I get in some deep doodoo, but what a show that was, everybody came, police, fireman, my parents.

User Info Menu

i made a mailbox explode by tying some type of dynamite-looking fireworks together and putting some cherry bombs near them
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

I remember this thing my and my mate did with the leftover fireworks on new years day. We climbed up in a tree and twrep down these harmless little things that go "POP". It scared the hell out of all the people that went by. Dunno. It was very funny at the time.

User Info Menu

Two years ago at a military reunion in West Virginia my husband and daughter were lighting off all kinds of fireworks. They lit this one batch that was suppose to go up in the air, twist and turn, make whizzing sounds and then explode. Well it did just that but instead of going straight up it went sideways and headed straight for me and my other daughter. She got up and tried to run, I wasn't fast enough so just before I could run away there was a massive explosion right in my lap. Needless to say I had hundreds of little red blisters all over my legs and arms........ When all was said and done we were all laughing our butts off

User Info Menu

Thats sucks, but is kinda funny.

User Info Menu

my favorite ac/dc shirt was ruined because my cousin lit a bottle rocket and it flew towards me and the sparks coming off of the rocket ignited my ac dc shirt so i was on fire but luckily i was not burned.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    my favorite ac/dc shirt was ruined because my cousin lit a bottle rocket and it flew towards me and the sparks coming off of the rocket ignited my ac dc shirt so i was on fire but luckily i was not burned.
    The shirt probably looks extra cool now LOL

User Info Menu

it has a bunch of holes in it now. i can't wear it. it's a shame too because i looked really cool in it.

User Info Menu

Well we don't have 4th of July over here, but we have bonfire night which is the same thing (people going crazy and launching rockets at each other I guess) minus the birth of a nation.
    Anyway.
    Someone lit a rocket once to go into the air. However, when they lit it...it fell over, ignited, shot towards where everyone was sitting on their chairs, caught against a stone step, fizzed for like two seconds and then exploded.
    Guess who it exploded next to -.-
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Here's one that I can relate too...
    Two summers ago on the 4th my uncle held a party with a bunch of fireworks and boose. My cousin is my best friend and we figured we'd jam for a bit and then light some fireworks in the woods while the adults were in, my cousin plays bass. Well long story short, we were stupid and followed through with our plan to light off the firecrackers and roman candles half way down the street. Tim lost his hand trying to light a firecracker in a mailbox (the mailbox wouldn't shut so he tried adjusting it). Now he can't play bass or playstation or any of his other greatest passions. Tragic. Dumbass lol

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

ok,ok

So, me and my cousin had roman candles, you know, your supposed to stick em in the ground and let em go off

Anyways, were holding up, launching em one way, then pointing em another, then another, ect, suddenly we both got a candle and went to light em off, they didnt light, we thought they were duds, till she puts her ear up to it, suddenly she goes

JAKE! DROP IT!

We both drop it, mine explodes on the way down giving me a burn on my calf, and she chucked hers, lucky hers didnt explode til like 5 minutes later

User Info Menu

Fireworks are illegal here................wonder why?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Not in PA hehe
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

they are in ohio though!

But i mean, the same state in which the highway speeding limit is 60 or 65, everywhere else boardering ohio is 70

User Info Menu

Fire works are illegal where i live right now, still doesnt stop anyone haha. My worst 4th of july was me and a bunch of buddies taking about random fireworks and combining them to create new ones......then sticking them in a metal pipe dropping a match and watching them shoot out of the pipe. We made a new batch and i was stuffing the homemade explosive into the pipe when i hear a crackle......crackle......crackle (i was 10 at the time and pretty darn dumb) I yelled hey guys its popping and kept shoving them down with my hand over the pipe when the fireworks exploded right out of the pipe with my hand in direct fire. I thought it was hilarious i was walking around laughing......then i looked at my hand, it was completely charred black and skin was hanging off in some places. I ran inside and told my dad who started tending to the wound and yelling at me about fireworks, turns out i had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my hand, the fingernail on my index finger didnt grow for a few years and the skin was very discolored on some parts of my hand. I will never forget that, I no longer light fireworks myself, i will watch them but not light them, Sparkerlers even make me nervous now hahahahaha

User Info Menu

Yeah aussies have it illegal... We just make pipe bombs and stuff :P Can say i have done much though. Just a few home made rockets. My mate made a rocket it way about waist high. It blew up on the pad....... We found shrapnel from it over a km away :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

you can find almost any type of firework in Florida