Thread: Pete Sandoval

User Info Menu

Default Pete Sandoval

Drummer - Pete Sandoval - Born Santa Ana, El Salvador
    Drumming Style - Metal
    Main Band - Morbid Angel

Brief Summary- Not a name that would instantly spring to mind if your not a metal fan but if you are then you will know who Pete is.His main band was Morbid Angel where he applied his trade of beating a drum kit to death.!Yes he was very fast but he could also slow things down and still sound really good.Apart from Morbid Angel his most famous (infamous?) work would be with the band Terrorizer on the monstrous and possibly best grind album ever World Downfall.Their may be people who think Grind/Death Metal is just noise but Pete`s drumming proves their is a lot of skill and talent involved.

Due to poor health Pete didn't play on the latest Morbid Angel release although that was a blessing in disguise as it was total rubbish.!Hope he gets well again and back on the drums.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pete Sandoval

What happened to him regarding the poor health thing? Is he still alive?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Great drummer!! Been listening to his stuff for a long time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    What happened to him regarding the poor health thing? Is he still alive?
    He had back surgery for a deteriorating disc but i think he is well on the mend now.

User Info Menu

This was supposedly taken Dec 19th, 2010 after his surgery. I first saw iton Blabbermouth I think. He's definitely still got his chops, just don't know if his back is gonna be able to handle touring again. Hopefully so.

User Info Menu

Nice vid Tantrix.

Hopefully Pete is now ready to rock and to rejoin Morbid Angel again which (fingers crossed) will stop them messing about with drum machines and all that industrial rubbish.
    Last edited by Balanced for lean; 02-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrix View Post
    This was supposedly taken Dec 19th, 2010 after his surgery. I first saw iton Blabbermouth I think. He's definitely still got his chops, just don't know if his back is gonna be able to handle touring again. Hopefully so.

I had a back surgery pretty similar, it takes around a year to get @ 90%, so he shouldl be able bang his drums, like he used to, next year,

I want to start doing martial arts again, as well, if Bruce Lee did it, I'll do it for sure!

As for drumming I'm doing nice chops again, some of them using my twin pedal, look: LOL

Now I'm doing more hard rock but I might do some Napalm Death again with old friends
    Tama Royalstar: 14x22" Kick, 16x16" Floor Tom, 8x12" Tom, 9x13" Tom, 5x14" Snare

Zildjian A Custom: 20" Medium Ride, 18" Medium Crash, 16" Crash and 14" Hi-hats

Sabian B8 Pro: 18" China, 12" Splash

Soultone Extreme: 14" Hi-hats

LP Cowbell

Alesis DM6 USB eDrumkit

VALTIS Rock en espaņol

User Info Menu

Or they could hire her

Tama Royalstar: 14x22" Kick, 16x16" Floor Tom, 8x12" Tom, 9x13" Tom, 5x14" Snare

Zildjian A Custom: 20" Medium Ride, 18" Medium Crash, 16" Crash and 14" Hi-hats

Sabian B8 Pro: 18" China, 12" Splash

Soultone Extreme: 14" Hi-hats

LP Cowbell

Alesis DM6 USB eDrumkit

VALTIS Rock en espaņol

User Info Menu

Yeah she`s really good,i have seen that vid before.She also does a great cover of Raining blood.

Nice to hear your back on the mend and on the drums playing something nice and heavy like Napalm Death.

User Info Menu

Wow.. That girl can really play! I would get lost and suffer leg cramps at that speed!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments