Thread: Both Pearl M80 Kik's complete...

User Info Menu

Default Both Pearl M80 Kik's complete...

Finished my second kik this weekend. Here are some pics of part of the internal build process and the completed project. I have to say that these are so sweet to play and are so close to the real thing. I played with a few different designs of the memory foam pads but found what you see in the pics to be the best for playability and made these amazingly quiet when the beater strikes. You can see in the pics the snare butt is turned inside and there is a small L bracket that holds the cone assembly and can be adjusted closer or farther from the head by loosening the lugs on the snare butt. The aluminum bar in the back is to support the memory foam.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Both Pearl M80 Kik's complete...

i have questions but no time right now, so I'll just say- it looks great! Great engineering dude! I'll get back to ya....ok where did ya get those triggers?
    Russ

User Info Menu

Default Re: Both Pearl M80 Kik's complete...

I'm amazed by how some of you guys understand the ins and outs of the e-kits. I confess that when it comes to things electronic, I have to work twice as hard as everyone elso just to get a basic clue. That's impressive Timmkatt!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!