Thread: Well, I had to get one, didn't I??? I've now added a gong to the percussion set-up.

User Info Menu

Default Well, I had to get one, didn't I??? I've now added a gong to the percussion set-up.

Self explanatory....

My new Stagg/Wuhan 18" Wind Gong. Picked it up for AU$129 at Billy Hydes....they knocked $40 off for me when I offered to pay cash!

And all that gets packed up into these four bags. Stands in the long bag on left, shakers, tambourines, agogo bells, windchimes, triangle and other percussion toys plus the traps table go into or are strapped onto the black leather case in the middle (the blue bag strapped to that has my LP Travel Bongos, plus I strap the large holder for the LP Travel Congas onto the case), the back pack holds my two mini-timbales, the three cowbells, two Jam Blocks and a whole bunch of clamps, mini-rods, a few tools etc, and finally the round bodhran bag has the two LP Travel Congas, the splashes and bells wrapped in a small padded bag put in between the two congas (place the congas with the heads facing outwards - there's a big enough cavity made by the two 'concaved bottoms' of the congas to allow this), whilst there's enough room to slip the Paiste 602 Ride/Crash to side of the congas. I've also a larger 18" padded bodhran bag that I can slip this bag into, and on the side of that I can easily fit the Stagg gong.

Takes me two trips back and forth from the car to hump in this lot. And not much time to set it up either.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well, I had to get one, didn't I??? I've now added a gong to the percussion set-u

Congrats on the new gong Drumbledore! There's just something about a gong, and I wish I had one. Unfortunately, the one I'd want is way out of my price range. Looks like you've got the packing down to a science!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Well, I had to get one, didn't I??? I've now added a gong to the percussion set-u

Excellent. Gong of dreams!

(And signature of many classic compositions, not the least of which is the ending of Bohemian Rhapsody).
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

nice catch mon ami
    congrad brother

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. Well, when and if I get sick of it, I'll use it in place of my doorbell, methinks!

User Info Menu

We need to start a new thread: "Guess what percussion instrument Drumbledore does not have in his collection?".

...great addition!
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Looks great....Ever since seeing Bonham years ago, with that huge gong, I've always wanted one......Definitely not "practical" for rock and roll, but damn it looks cool!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Looks great....Ever since seeing Bonham years ago, with that huge gong, I've always wanted one......Definitely not "practical" for rock and roll, but damn it looks cool!
    If not practical, at least an excellent kit and photo backdrop!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
    We need to start a new thread: "Guess what percussion instrument Drumbledore does not have in his collection?".
    Good one! He does have an extensive collection. One might think he's a professional!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post

...great addition!
    Yeah......it can be a multiple choice type of quiz.

Q) Guess what percussion instrument Drumbledore does not have in his collection?

a) Timpani.
    b) A Japanese taiko drum.
    c) Castanets.
    d) Tubular bells.
    e) A bird whistle.
    f) A set of African djun-djun drums.
    g) A vibraphone.
    h) A djembe.
    i) A church bell. I'm afraid he's on a Quasimodo bent again...
    j) An anklung.
    k) A kanjira.
    l) An udu clay pot.
    m) A dholak.
    n) A pair of kid's squeaky toy hammers.
    o) A shekere.
    p) A 40" orchestral bass drum.
    q) Crotales.
    r) Steel pan.
    s) Balinese gamelan.
    t) An anvil.
    u) All of the above. But you can damn well bet he'll get his hands on them somehow.
    v) What? You mean he's still shopping for the above? I thought he had everything?
    w) Who's Drumbledore?
    x) Damn he collects some weird stuff....my head hurts reading what he gets and how he spells it....
    y) Oh dang.....I spelled my name wrong at the top of the test paper. Again.
    z) Sorry....is this the right room for Home Economics?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Good one! He does have an extensive collection. One might think he's a professional!
    - Cheeky....

User Info Menu

Nice percussion setup!! Congrats on the new gong!!