Thread: Statesville, NC

User Info Menu

Default Statesville, NC

I'm going to be moving to the Charlotte NC area in the next few months.

Anybody on DC in that area?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Charlotte, NC

Moving from where?

Why?

wondering

all the best...

User Info Menu

Nice! My uncle runs a martial arts place there. (Black Belt USA)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Moving from where?

Why?

wondering

all the best...

I was born and raised in Jersey and, outside of living in California when I was a kid for a year, most of my life has been spent with my home here.

I was in North Carolina before I went overseas back in the 60's and liked it there.

I spent 35 years traveling all over the country so I was never here for long periods of time. Now that I am retired, and a relationship ending after almost 20 years, I realize just how much I dislike living here.

So, in my old age, I'm going to North Carolina, buy a house with some property, build a room for my drums, and be able to sit in my yard, drink a scotch, and enjoy the southern air.

When I get settled (it's probably not going to happen for a couple of months) anybody from the forum passing through will always be welcome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VI952 View Post
    Nice! My uncle runs a martial arts place there. (Black Belt USA)

I'll have to go see him and tell him I know VI952.

User Info Menu

We live about 90 minutes from downtown Charlotte, actually in South Carolina, a bit south of Rockingham,NC. We travel to the Queen City on occasion, to shop and take in some great restaurants in the area. We too live a bit out of a city, enjoy are 10 year aged Kentucky Bourbon, and when the humidity isn't too high, we love to smell the air, especially if it has a few trace wisps of a good rack of ribs on the smoker.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by veafer View Post
    a few trace wisps of a good rack of ribs on the smoker.
    ..not a better smell in the world.

...Let us know when your settled Rick....may have to stop by

User Info Menu

The best burgers in the entire state of North Carolina can be found at the Penguin.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    The best burgers in the entire state of North Carolina can be found at the Penguin.

Kaz, that's the second time you mentioned the Penguin. You must really miss those burgers.

User Info Menu

Yeah. They are the the bees knees. Get the fried pickle chips when your there too. Unless your into being fit and healthy and trim. Then I don't recommend either of the above.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

I guess I should update this. The house in Charlotte fell through so I bought a house in Statesville, NC.

User Info Menu

Nice!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Years ago I was on a road trip and left KC with a toothache. By the time I hit
    Charlotte NC I could not take it anymore. I found an ol' school dentist to just
    pull the tooth with no ex-rays, insurance, cowboy style! He was a mean man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Nice!!!

Thanks Bish. Bought and being paid for by drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray on the Drums View Post
    Years ago I was on a road trip and left KC with a toothache. By the time I hit
    Charlotte NC I could not take it anymore. I found an ol' school dentist to just
    pull the tooth with no ex-rays, insurance, cowboy style! He was a mean man!

I live 32 miles north of Charlotte, right up 77.

Been there with the toothache, abcessed and brutal. Needle in the roof of my mouth. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

I am looking to move to that area myself, currently looking in the Virginia, WV, NC smokey mountain/Blue ridge area. Beautiful country and the best roads in the Country for motorcycle riding.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I am looking to move to that area myself, currently looking in the Virginia, WV, NC smokey mountain/Blue ridge area. Beautiful country and the best roads in the Country for motorcycle riding.

The place I'm at now, Asheville NC, is a pretty area.

Close to the Blue Ridge mountains, and, while I can't drive till Saturday, things I've seen on the TV makes it look like a nice place to live.

Where I live, Statesville NC, is a nice place also. Home prices are low, I'm in total suburbs, yet I'm within a 10-15 minute drive from any store that you could possibly want or need.

West Virginia is beautiful, but, they don't speak English.