Thread: Ynu Know You've Practiced Enough When.....

User Info Menu

Default Ynu Know You've Practiced Enough When.....

You feel woozy and you're legs are trembling LOL

(This was me today after two hours of painfully practicing 8th notes on the hi-hat while playing 16th note paraddidles between the snare and bass. I got woozy after realizing that I was only playing quarter notes on the hi-hat and 16th notes on the snare/bass and had to start all over again LOL! SHIZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

NEXT...............

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    You feel woozy and you're legs are trembling LOL
    I get that way after two hours of thinking about you Susan baby!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

User Info Menu

Hoo boy.
    Well, you know when you've practiced enough when suddenly you surface from your drumming to find out that you hit your toms so hard and fast you've untuned them.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

You know you're a drummer when practicing starts taking on the length of a gig! Way to give maximum effort, DC!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

just kidding, that was so sweet

Sometimes I practice for two hours and sometimes its just all day. When I get off the kit and my bum is a little sore from the throne and feels good to stretch the legs, I know Ive had enough on the kit.

User Info Menu

For me it's when I start to get out of control and so I get sore and tense and then I can't play properly. I'm just trying to push and psuh that I stop being on contorl of how I hold the sticks, how hard I am hitting etc....

Also, you know you've practised for too long when you realise you've "releived" yourself on your throne, and NOT the procelaine one, but you didn't notice actually doing it, or needing to for that mater.....
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

No such thing as too much practicing =P

User Info Menu

I know I've practiced to much when while I'm playing on my kit I just can't seem to string together a fill or a groove.

User Info Menu

When you realise you got blisters from drumming 6 hours straight the day before :P

Thats happened to me once :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

You know you've practiced enought when it finally sounds sweet!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Cool You Know You've Practiced Enough When...

...you look at your hands (which now have fingers that look like slightly overcooked hot dogs)...and look at the time on your clock (which is much later than you thought)...and you think, "How long before my next practice session?"
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

4 me, i play as long as i can. but usualy i have to quit once my hand and stick is covered in blood. that happened a couple of times. i was goin fast on a solo and i just got done flippin the sticks and i started to play again and i busted my knuckles on the snare and floor tom. it hurt .... but it was fun

User Info Menu

I hate when that happens...never had the stick covered in blood before...just a little on my knuckle and maybe some on the head
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

when ACDC starts sounding like barbra streisand...really sloppy and can't keep up with the speed.

User Info Menu

Roflol!!!!!! Good one, DS!