Thread: Free Online Bass Lessons?

User Info Menu

Default Free Online Bass Lessons?

I want to learn to play the bass. Does anyone here know where I can find how to play bass for free? You know how there are drum rudiments everywhere and this site of course is great. Though nothing could EVER hold a candle to DrumChat, is there something similar for bass players that you would recommend? Thanks!

User Info Menu

this should be in the "off topic" section as it is definately "off topic" from drumming.............

Does this help

http://www.cyberfretbass.com/
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Mea culpa. Didn't think about it. Thanks for the link.

User Info Menu

I wasn't having a go at you - if anything I meant it as a joke - sorry it didn't come accross that way.

hope that link helps. it says it's free and has videos and stuff. although I do have a quesiton - why would you WANT to learn bass? I wouldn't want to be a drummers roadie....

User Info Menu

Mate, the drummers ARE the roadies.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

It makes sence too. Who has the biggest cars... and or trailors :P...
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I want to play bass because I want to learn EVERYTHING and guitar is too hard. I am taking singing lessons too. I also take tap, jazz and ballet. I am in my second childhood, or maybe, midlife crisis...I just turned 40 and also got two tattoos. Uh, yeah, I bet it's a midlife crisis.

User Info Menu

Midlife crisis is just another way of saying that you are expanding your horizons. It only becomes a true crisis if pursuing the horizons becomes a negative thing. I say go for it, and enjoy!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm with PB on this one - you go girl!

User Info Menu

Default Good DVD

Hi,

If you are a compete beginner a good DVD is 'Play Bass Guitar Now' by Mel Reeves. He covers all the basics and then you take it from there.

Paul M

User Info Menu

playing bass is extremley useful to a drummer. it is much easier to communicate your ideas to your band when you can show them, instead of saying "no man it goes like this... dun dun duh dun dun duh duh". dont you know smoke on the water?
    you would prolly find all kinds of bass lessons on youtube

User Info Menu

I wanna learn the bass one day too. Danial adar or w/e his name is drummer for nickle back (was three doors down) on his bibiliography it said he learned the bass and it helped him greaty, and hes an amazing drummer.