Thread: Roland TD9KX

User Info Menu

Exclamation Roland TD9KX

Is it possible to have 2 Bass Drums? I want to trigger my acoustic kit to a Roland TD9KX and I have 2 Bass Drums, so is it possible to connect them both?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland TD9KX

yes the td9 module has 2 extra inputs
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Wait...couldn't you just split the signal? I mean, it sounds like you are putting triggers on an acoustic and want that to trigger the TD-9, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KaneBlaireau View Post
    Wait...couldn't you just split the signal? I mean, it sounds like you are putting triggers on an acoustic and want that to trigger the TD-9, right?
    Yeah, but what do you mean with split the signal?

User Info Menu

Maybe I've got it backwards, but couldn't you have the two triggers going into one channel on the brain since you only want one tone for both?

User Info Menu

Just use one of the aux inputs for the second kick trigger. Set the same sound as the main kick uses, then pick where you want it to go. Not too sure about signal splitting, I haven't tried that yet, but I have used dual kick on e-drums. Triggering kick from an acoustic isn't too difficult fortunately, one way to do it is to attach a trigger to your own kick and then set your sample/settings for it. When you press down on your pedal and it makes contact with the head, you'll hear the sound play- just change the settings around to fit your preference. If you don't have a kick available for triggering, you can look into getting a foot controller such as an Alesis RealHat(I use this one for the hi hats, but sometimes as a second kick trigger too) or a Roland KD-8.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments