Thread: double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Default double bass pedal

i was wondering if any of you knew a site or a store where i would be able to get a good double bass pedal i have a double bass pearl drumset and i havent been able to use both bass drums but i would like too
    im not looking for something real expensive but im trying to get something cheap but will last and be decent
    any information is great
    thanks

User Info Menu

My advice is screw buying a double bass pedal and just buy two singles, that's what most usually do with two bass drums. I'm not sure why, I think because you can place them where you want as opposed to the restrictions of a double pedal. Unless of course your bass drums are two different sizes or tuned differently.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

all you need is 2 single pedals.

The point of the double pedal is so you can double bass with one bass drum. Buying a double pedal with 2 kicks is not what you want to do.

User Info Menu

lol true

If i was i would stick to the double pedal, it saves space, doesn't really have any restrictions and you can do just as much as you can with the two singles with the double pedal.

User Info Menu

Everyone else has hit the nail on the head. If you have two bass drums, you don't need to buy a double pedal. The reason that you buy a double pedal is to be able to double kick with a single bass drum.

However, since you have two, you need two single pedals. Also, if you buy a double pedal, the beater on the right foot will be offset a little to the right, which changes the sound of your bass drum slightly (because its not hitting in the middle.

tl;dr Buy two single pedals instead.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

i agree buy two singles, unless you have a specific reason in tuning, setup of the drum etc. then i would say... tama's iron cobras are quite good. where do you live, if nt in the uk, and then n.e of england or nearby u don't hav 2 tell me. but my best place for stuff is the newcastle drum centre.
    nt a gd syt but it shows you where they r and they hav an online oredering service.