Thread: Cymbal Info.

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal Info.

Hey guys, this is just a heads up that the current issue of Drum! magazine is out, and it's an issue devoted to cymbals. It has a good history section, and it even has a chart that shows the different finishes/shapes of cymbals, and what it does for the sound. Just thought this might be of interest, since questions come up so often.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cymbal Info.

Thanks for the info PB... But I am afraid to read it because I have correlated reading stuff like that to a big GAS build up!!
    Gretsch Renown RN1 ~ Silver Oyster Pearl

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Hey guys, this is just a heads up that the current issue of Drum! magazine is out, and it's an issue devoted to cymbals. It has a good history section, and it even has a chart that shows the different finishes/shapes of cymbals, and what it does for the sound. Just thought this might be of interest, since questions come up so often.
    ...has some great articles....probably the most comprehensive coverage of cymbals I've come across.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    ...has some great articles....probably the most comprehensive coverage of cymbals I've come across.
    +1

Actually the new drum! is the Chris Adler issue. You better hurry and buy that cymbal issue before the switch over (if they haven't switched over already).

The cymbal issue is probably one of the coolest drum! mags I've gotten so far!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    Thanks for the info PB... But I am afraid to read it because I have correlated reading stuff like that to a big GAS build up!!
    ..this happens whether I see it on the internet or in a mag...can't hide from it.

User Info Menu

Good stuff.. I'm eager to hear their take on how everything affects the sound of a cymbal vs what i've come to know elsewhere. They probably get to mess with just about every cymbal out there for soundtests and experiments like this, how fun. Would it be possible to post up some of that information in this thread?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Good stuff.. I'm eager to hear their take on how everything affects the sound of a cymbal vs what i've come to know elsewhere. They probably get to mess with just about every cymbal out there for soundtests and experiments like this, how fun. Would it be possible to post up some of that information in this thread?
    I'm sure some info could be passed along, as long as it's not taken straight from the article, and as long as everyone understands the info is available in the magazine.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!