Thread: roland td30 drumset

User Info Menu

Default roland td30 drumset

ok so the new Roland comes out in march ...td30

they have added a few new tricks this time .. advanced sensing technology, Behavior Modelling

looks like a step in the right direction

User Info Menu

Default Re: roland td30

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    ok so the new Roland comes out in march ...td30

they have added a few new tricks this time .. advanced sensing technology, Behavior Modelling

looks like a step in the right direction
    I want to see it...bet it will be crazy expensive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I want to see it...bet it will be crazy expensive
    +1 but i would love to have one

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEMAt0nEVE"]Roland TD-30KV V-Drums® V-Pro® Series — Artist Impressions - YouTube[/ame]

User Info Menu

Oh jeepers. That's attractive. Have to save up forever now.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

looks awesome, i hear they are 5 grand
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    looks awesome, i hear they are 5 grand
    Try more like 8 grand…the 20 was 7 grand…
    ….and then you still have to get snare stand, hihat stand and pedals...

User Info Menu

I'm new to the forum but excited to be here. Been drumming for 34 years as a side job but love it all. I'm the drummer for a church that has an old set of Rolands that I'm frustrated with only because the dynamics are just not there. They are the first electronic set I've used and I have dug deep into the settings to work with the sound but the reality is the dual trigger technology can only give you so much.
    I saw the new Roland TD30K V series and saw, for the first time in my research, the solution to the feel and dynamics issue of electronic drums.

I have found them for $4,500 which isn't too bad compared to their other top of the line kits. Has any one played these or own a set that can give me a testimony about how they are working for them? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Carefull. The $4,500 one is the 30 not the 30kv..... the 30 is the 20 with the new brain but the kv is the new triggers with the new brain
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I have owned the TD30KV for about 8 months, almost took them back, too complicated. But I'm starting to figure them out. Playing with a Blues Band and a Jazz-Rock Band as well. It works for both bands. My band mates were uncertain at first, but after the first song they thought 'Not Bad' Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcz2u View Post
    I have owned the TD30KV for about 8 months, almost took them back, too complicated. But I'm starting to figure them out. Playing with a Blues Band and a Jazz-Rock Band as well. It works for both bands. My band mates were uncertain at first, but after the first song they thought 'Not Bad' Hope this helps.
    I really fancy getting a 30kv what amplification and speakers do you use? Tried a 30kv out at my local drum shop and they sounded pretty amazing just through the headphones so I'd love to know what they're like through a good PA.......Jorolo

User Info Menu

Default Re: roland td30 drumset

I'd rather build my own triggers and add a 2box module for $1000 and pocket the other 3 grand.
    ||Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius||

Pearl Masters Custom - Emerald Mist with gold hardware 12/13/16/22

PDP LX - Cherry Fade
    8/10/12/14/16/22

Zildjian A Custom 16/18/20 1970's 14" New Beat hats
    Sabian 16" Ozone crash

Roland TD-3 and TD-10 A to E Kit.

User Info Menu

Default Re: roland td30 drumset

I've started using my 30kv live now. I've had people from the crowd come up and say how great the drums sounded and how they weren't expecting that. I think at the pub we have 15" EV's normally. Sometimes subs are run. But everyone loves it. The band wont go back now, We had to use an acoustic kit one show, everyone (Even me) hated it.

The one thing I wish I could do is sit in the pub and play with the sounds to get it right for the room. Every time I play in a different space it changes a fair bit. I only have a little jam room with 2000watt pa in it. Its hard to balance everything evenly but in the pub it seems to settle a lot better.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters