Thread: Tru-Track Pearl E-pro Heads..

User Info Menu

Default Tru-Track Pearl E-pro Heads..

Howdy i dont think many peeps have seen these but i have been looking into getting a cheap eletric to practice on and saw these.. you connect the pads to your accoustic kit and its converted to electric!!

ive wanted an epro since they came out!!
    My question is are there any outlets in Queensland Australia that stock them?
    Last edited by drummer; 02-09-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: commercial link

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tru-Track Pearl E-pro Heads..

I have seen them on the E-pro live kits. I guess it would work cause the pro live kits can be swapped to accoustic by removing e-pro heads and installing regular drum heads. You would also have to buy the Module. They should be available in Australia, check your nearest drum store or go online. Good luck

User Info Menu

I've only seen them on Ebay for like $900. They look cool, but that's a lot of $$$. I've been considering making a hybrid kit and I'm thinking mesh heads and external triggers will be less expensive.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    I've only seen them on Ebay for like $900. They look cool, but that's a lot of $$$. I've been considering making a hybrid kit and I'm thinking mesh heads and external triggers will be less expensive.
    ..or internal DIY triggers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    theres a real good DIY on youtube,if you like ill find the link but it looks interesting!

User Info Menu

cheapest i found is $760.. from usa so will cost to ship etc :(
    Last edited by Russ; 02-18-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: commercial link

User Info Menu

i gave up looking and grabbed this pintech system and its awesome, has proper roland mesh heads, has volume control for each drum aswell i was suprised got it dirt cheap aswell :D

User Info Menu

I've tried out the e-pro live kit and was less than impressed with the trigger heads. Lots of double triggers and the feel wasn't very good.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Coming from someone who's done acoustic to electronic conversions as well as used them for years now, I have mixed feelings about what Pearl's doing with their EPro lines. It looks like they're trying to corner the market for converted acoustic kits, which is something people have been doing for years and for a lot less money. I don't think they are priced reasonably however, and it's financially restricting to say the least. I like Pearl and respect them a lot, always have- but they should lower the price of this line if they expect to stay competitive. I have not played on one, but I can't imagine it having better feel, response, and done for a better price than my a/e conversion I did myself through research and a little elbow grease. A brand name alone not enough of a reason to jack up your prices, imo there's better ways to convert than buying an expensive pre-done kit.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Coming from someone who's done acoustic to electronic conversions as well as used them for years now, I have mixed feelings about what Pearl's doing with their EPro lines. It looks like they're trying to corner the market for converted acoustic kits, which is something people have been doing for years and for a lot less money. I don't think they are priced reasonably however, and it's financially restricting to say the least. I like Pearl and respect them a lot, always have- but they should lower the price of this line if they expect to stay competitive. I have not played on one, but I can't imagine it having better feel, response, and done for a better price than my a/e conversion I did myself through research and a little elbow grease. A brand name alone not enough of a reason to jack up your prices, imo there's better ways to convert than buying an expensive pre-done kit.
    its $2800 for the standard epro drums, im not even sure what the toms are made from lol, is it wood? anyway i agree kind of i dont see myself buying heads for 800 its annoying because it would have cost them nothing to make

User Info Menu

Give Billy Hyde a ring or check their website, if anyone has em or knows about em, they will. I dunno where in QLD you are but I'm in Brisbane and I do the drum shop rounds semi-regularly and I've seen and played full E-Pro kits but never seen the skins on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by s_tic_k View Post
    its $2800 for the standard epro drums, im not even sure what the toms are made from lol, is it wood? anyway i agree kind of i dont see myself buying heads for 800 its annoying because it would have cost them nothing to make
    The toms are wooden, not sure what wood though. Like others have suggested, going mesh heads + triggers is probably a better option. I'm personally not a fan of the feel of the E-Pro heads. Being in Aus, they will charge an arm n a leg for em too I bet.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.