Hi guys, a few dummy questions here.
I know Roland has a bit of a problem with the bell sensitivity of this 3-way cymbal, so dynamics are pretty much impossible (and so is playing the bell with the tip of the stick). I've seen there's a solution for that that requires opening the cymbal, but i'm too scared to do that.
I've been wondering, however, is there no way to adjust the bell sensitivity apart from the edge sensitivity? and if so, why?- I know they're both considered as rim, so how come the sound can be adjusted differently in each but not the sensitivity? or am I completely missing something?
For the longest time i've been just too lazy to ask and look deep into it, and when I got frustrated trying to figure it out myself, I simply accepted it the way it is.
Also, is it just in my head or the bell sensitivity is just tiny bit better (still bad, but slightly better) after upgrading to version 2 of the module? (I just did 3 days ago, so that's why this issue came back to my mind all over again).
I don't know if it's me being excited over the upgrade and imagining stuff or if that's actually the case.
Does this problem still exist with the newer cymbals, like the CY-13R?