Thread: Looking for an electronic drumset.

User Info Menu

Default Looking for an electronic drumset.

So I'm a student i go to school, and not much time for me to use my actual set, what would be the perfect affordable, electronic set to go with?
    Last edited by crazedrummer; 02-10-2012 at 09:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking for an electronic drumset.

You basically have 3 brand choices for low cost sets... Yamaha, Roland & Alesis.
    If you go with the cheapest set you might find yourself upgrading much sooner
    than later thus spending more money than originally intended. So with that in mind try to
    purchase the most you can afford while keeping you options open for future expandability.

User Info Menu

When I was in school a couple of years ago I had the same problem and bought a yamaha DTXplorer. It was by no means the best kit in the world and I wouldn't have considered gigging on it, but it was easily good enough to sit down for an hour a day and play around. The preset kits are fun too :P
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people - unfortunately I am one of them."

User Info Menu

i would say go used for the money and you will get a better kit

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

You might also want to consider a compact set of pads. The major manufacturers all make them.
    Not the same as a full fledged kit, but plenty good enough to practice on, and use with a computer, if you're into that.
    If you go that route, I'd definitely recommend getting a set of pads that can use velocity sensitive pedals.

User Info Menu

I don't intend on using it to gig with just something to play around with whenever i have the time, so thanks guys. i might consider going with the compact set of pads, or a Roland DTXplorer.

User Info Menu

Roland doesn't make DTXplorer's, that's Yamaha. Those two companies do make excellent offerings in the e-kit world however. What is your budget range?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

My bad, i meant yamaha, i should start reviewing what i write befor i post it. lol. My price range is bout 500-650.
    They say im the crazy drummer, I have to disagree, I am the psyhcotic drummer.

User Info Menu

i baught my td6 700 with an extra cymbal and a double bd pedal so you are in that range
    good luck

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I am highly considering getting a Yamaha DTXplorer, its reasonably priced, and its perfect for what i plan on using it for. thanks for the help guys. much appreciated.
    They say im the crazy drummer, I have to disagree, I am the psyhcotic drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrummer View Post
    So I'm a student i go to school, and not much time for me to use my actual set, what would be the perfect affordable, electronic set to go with?
    I HIGHLY recommend going with Simmons from expirience! I started with a set of Simmons 5's(About 300.00 U.S.), and soon purchased a set of Simmons 7's(About $500.00 U.S.), then combined them into a Rockenstine (Lol Frankenstien reference) Kit, which I LOVED, and played out with regularly, I might add! Only to turn around and purchase the top of the Simmons food chain, the Simmons 9's(About $899.00, but a kit that will last close to a lifetime!!!) I also purchased the Simmons 200 watt amp/monitor, ALL of which I love, except for my first amp blowing out, which is why I purchased the Pro Gear warranty from Guitar Center with my purchase of the Simmons 9's and Amp! That was a painless lifesaver!!! They replaced my old amp right on the spot! I can't remember the exact model numbers for my stuff, but they only make a few kits, and they are all on simmonsdrums.net or something close to that address! All I can say is, I play mine out regularly in a Rock & Roll setting, and I beat the living C&@P out of them, and the hold up well!!! Happy Drumming! *Buck*

User Info Menu

Lol And I'm flattered AND tickled to see my forum rating of "Newbee"!!! Lolol Being a 52 year old rocker, and playing since I was 11 years old, I had thought my "Newbee" ship had Long Since Sailed!!! Lol

User Info Menu

I have the Simmons 9 and the same amp as you. I've only been messing with drums since sept 2011, but am pretty happy with mine. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the hi-hat. Having trouble getting much sound from it
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buck6233 View Post
    Lol And I'm flattered AND tickled to see my forum rating of "Newbee"!!! Lolol Being a 52 year old rocker, and playing since I was 11 years old, I had thought my "Newbee" ship had Long Since Sailed!!! Lol
    Hey you're a young-in! I turned 56 last week! Been playing all my life!

OP - Had acoustic drum sets since I was 13 years old. My first eDrum Kit was a Simmons back in the mid 80's.
    I owned a DTXplorer kit in the 90's (a good choice) and now I have a modified DTX520K with XP100 Snare & additional PCY155 Cymbal.

I also play Multi - Keyboards & I'm currently teaching myself Bass! Never too old for music!

User Info Menu

get one of these babies "Pintech E-Gig Kit":
    theyre great you can call or email Lorrie from pintech and tell her Dan from Australia sent ya she will sort you out mate
    Last edited by Russ; 02-23-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: comm link, pic instead

User Info Menu

Definitely get a yamaha, those E-drums r amazing no matter which one you get.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrummer View Post
    My bad, i meant yamaha, i should start reviewing what i write befor i post it. lol. My price range is bout 500-650.
    In that price range, if you're looking at nuying new, get a DTXplorer (if you can find one) or better yet get the DTX500…it has a better module (old DTXpress module) than the DTXplorer…

User Info Menu

i used to own a dtxplorer and they are rubbish lol specially the cymbals and bass drum... the one i owned was the earlier model which only used a single kick not doubles, if you got to choose between roland and yamaha i wouldnt even think about yamaha unless you got enough cash to spend, its like people buying all these crap *** alessis and cheap kits they buy em then realise they should have saved theyre cash and bought... check it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2oq6dsmo0w
    Last edited by s_tic_k; 02-25-2012 at 05:09 PM.