Thread: Song Neon Moon

User Info Menu

Smile Song Neon Moon

Hey,
    I wondered if any of you had played Neon Moon before? If so, how do you play it to sound this the record. Thanks. ASAP please

User Info Menu

Never even heard OF it. Who is it by? and what do you mean "how do you play it to sound this the record"? DO you mena to soudn the same as the recording? If you mean the rhythm, I am sure someone can help you out (if they know the song) but as far as making your kit sound the same as a recorded one, that's not really possible (necassarily)
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pearl1999 View Post
    Hey,
    I wondered if any of you had played Neon Moon before? If so, how do you play it to sound this the record. Thanks. ASAP please
    If you're talking about the Brooks and Dunn tune, I've played it. What do you need to know? Oh, and welcome to Drum Chat!

User Info Menu

Can't say I've PLAYED the brooks and Dunn one, but I had a listen to it just before, seems pretty basic to me. Basic 4/4, rimshot verse, etc.... As drummer asked, is there something specific you need a hand with?

User Info Menu

Hi, I really need to know how to do the sound with the hi-hat.
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Maybe I'm missing something but it just sounds like straight 8ths on a closed hi-hat with an open hi-hat during the chorus either before a snare hit or kick, probably depending on what the drummer felt like doing at any particular time, doen't seem to be any particular pattern to when to open the hi-hat.

Beyond that though, can't help if your hi-hats don't sound the same as the recording - different equipment plus recorded drums always sound different to a drum kit your sitting at because of the acoustics and a live sound. Just play 'em soft.

User Info Menu

Unless your talking about the rim-shot - which isn't the hi-hat.

User Info Menu

Hi, Can't spell but sounds like a ki-lip-so beat. Maybe you'll know what I mean.

User Info Menu

Maybe we're talking about a different song then. The "Neon Moon" I've heard is country not kalipso. Is it the Brooks and Dunn version or is by someone else?

User Info Menu

hey,
    Maybe I'm hearing it wrong by Brooks & Dunn. I guess its the 8th notes with the rimshot thats making it sound like Kalipso. I really appreciate your help.
    Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Ok then. Either way, as long as you can figure out what you need to play, then that's all that matters.

User Info Menu

It's just simple 8th notes. No need to overcomplicate it.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

that song is all about knowing when and how to lay back thru the verse and open it up thru the chorus. and nailing the break.