Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vibram 5 Finger drum shoes?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vibram 5 Finger drum shoes?

I guess that'd work if you had normal toes...Some peeps have the second toe longer than the big toe etc. I have hammer toe...lol

User Info Menu

The sole on the flow is not a non marking so I have avoided them although it also has the neopren top which is attractive to me. looks most likely I will be getting a treksport soon so Ill pipe in here too once I get a chance to use themm.

Olimpass the peeps at vibram five fingers say just measure to the longest toe which ever it happens to be. although they do have slightly limited sizes. euro 36-47.

I personally love the bright colors but they dont have anything in neon green with Pink stripes for me yet.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Ribbit ribbit.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

thanks for the great pics....for me.....I'm still not sure I like the " toe thing " But then again I'm not much for sandles either. I prefer stability and protection. I can't say these won't provide same but it's kinda risky. I've seen these in action and who knows...maybe someday I will change my mind.
    Our church organ player puts on " special shoes " when she plays. I know I always play better when I'm wearing just the right shirt or hat............or mask. Plus I have my green frog mascot atop my bass. He hands me the stick if I drop it. I mean he does other things, too. Anyway, For now I agree about the toeshoes as eyestriking. OUCH !
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

I'm very curious..... This is coming from a guy that has to buy new socks almost weekly because that's what's comfortable for me.

User Info Menu

neon green with Pink stripes for me yet.

now we're talkin'
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davewilson View Post
    Dave............dude !............you better call the doctor.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I can't pinpoint that my playing bruised my heel because I play more heel up but I was in agony for a couple weeks because of a bruised heel. I was thinking I may have had a stress fracture. I wore flip flops a lot last summer to practice and then moved into a converse but not the All-Star's like in the pictures above. So both have zero padding also my work boots were worn out and I could've done damage there as well.

Changed everything. The work boots and put the converse away and started wearing my Nike air's. Problem solved. The Nike's felt weird at first but have gotten use to the feel anything is better than a bruised heel.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Dave have you been wearing these shoes? I have been looking into getting a pair to walk to work with and I never really thought about it but it looks as though they would be great to play drums with as well.

Just curious if you have done a great deal of walking in them and how long it took you to get use to? I don't think I will start off walking the full 3 miles to work in these bad boys until I get use to them and it seems like it will take some time.
    ~Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.- Reggie Leach~

User Info Menu

reminds me of Planet Of The Apes.
    anyone remember the funky toe socks chicks use to wear back in the seventies?
    want to get ripped on in public? wear these.
    dont forget the monkey mask.
    "get your hands off me! you filthy rotten ape!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    I have two pairs of Adidas Goodyears - really nice shoes for drumming. Lightweight, slim, thin soles - I like mine a lot and use them specifically for drumming.
    Interesting! I have a pair of those, too. I stopped using them because I found the soles too hard and had no pedal feel.
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pelicandrum View Post
    Dave have you been wearing these shoes? I have been looking into getting a pair to walk to work with and I never really thought about it but it looks as though they would be great to play drums with as well.

Just curious if you have done a great deal of walking in them and how long it took you to get use to? I don't think I will start off walking the full 3 miles to work in these bad boys until I get use to them and it seems like it will take some time.
    No.. I don't walk around in them.. I have boots and shoes that are fitted with orthotics that I wear most of the time. I'm 50 and have been working on concrete floors most of my life... I only wear the Vibrams in the evenings and around the house between drumming and eating..LOL.
    My significant other has a pair of the Five Finger Komodo which have more sole on them, and she wears them all day and loves it.
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

The outfitter here in town had a big winter clearance. Just picked up the KSOs for 60 bucks. Got home put them on and walked three miles, didn't want to stop. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Now time to drum in them.
    ~Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.- Reggie Leach~

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pelicandrum View Post
    The outfitter here in town had a big winter clearance. Just picked up the KSOs for 60 bucks. Got home put them on and walked three miles, didn't want to stop. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Now time to drum in them.
    Let me know what you think
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

I have been noticing more and more styles and varieties from multiple vendors. These are becoming quite popular for every occasion..........hmmmmm....could even be wedding atire someday ?

User Info Menu

Recieved my KSO treksport's in Champaign today. Ill be using them for everyday use including drumming Ill post back in a couple days to let you know how they feel

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Lookin good!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I see they even come with toe nails ! Pretty cool.

User Info Menu

Planet O The Apes

User Info Menu

well .. two things ive noticed one.. I love my vibram five fingers. its like being barefoot with armor. and two I slide my feet forward a lot while I play. which my new found traction doesnt allow...

First practice I noticed I slid my feet around a bunch mostly side to side(which with individual toes doesn't work so well.) so I played around with placement of my feet/legs/peddles and it got better.

Second practice I noticed I keep jamming my feet to the front of the Vibrams. so thats another placement thing I have to figure but I do like having a bit of traction(I was/am a sock player.)

Initial review over.

User Info Menu

The stuff hey come with. Nice looking shoes but I still like my CROCS for drumming cause they are light weight, comfortble and well ventilated.

User Info Menu

I couldn't stand wearing those between my toes. I use Onitzuka Tigers. They have thin soles and fit great. I can feel the pedals very well. They were used in the olympics by runners. Great shoe.

User Info Menu

Myself, I couldn't see me wearing them, but hey, whatever makes you feel comfortable, that's the main thing.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

sooooo, you keepin' 'em ? What about gluing fine grade sandpaper to the bottom of whatever become your "drummer shoes " ? Seems like it would work.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MR. G View Post
    sooooo, you keepin' 'em ? What about gluing fine grade sandpaper to the bottom of whatever become your "drummer shoes " ? Seems like it would work.
    Soon there would probably be a pile of metal shavings around the pedals (or what would be left of them).
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos