Thread: Database error

User Info Menu

Default Database error

I just posted a new drum cover video in the drum videos forum, putting in the link to Youtube.

When I hit save, it sat for ages, then came up with a database error message. It has posted, but the video hasn't embedded properly and if I try and edit the post, when I hit save it again waits ages and gives a database error. But this time the edit doesn't stick.

Not really a problem as people can just click through, but thought you might want to check what's happening.
    Last edited by TPO; 02-18-2012 at 06:46 AM.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Database error

Quote Originally Posted by TPO View Post
    I just posted a new drum cover video in the drum videos forum, putting in the link to Youtube.

When I hit save, it sat for ages, then came up with a database error message. It has posted, but the video hasn't embedded properly and if I try and edit the post, when I hit save it again waits ages and gives a database error. But this time the edit doesn't stick.

Not really a problem as people can just click through, but thought you might want to check what's happening.
    Was having that same problem too, was wondering why, then went to a random post to see how they done it (by clicking on the 'quote' button). Turns out now what you have to do is to add *[ yt] and [ /yt] at either end of the Youtube link (I usually get the proper YT link by clicking in the middle of the video, not the 'share' button.)

So if you have this....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?[example]v=2DiLpG-O6As&list=PL8942B70F06245B2F&feature=[example]

pop the [ yt] and [ /yt] on either end...

and voilà!!

Edit note: Don't put a space in between the bracket and 'yt'....sorry folks, I posted earlier whilst in between student lessons and didn't realise two whacking big blank squares came up in my post until I got back online! Hence that spacing :P
    Last edited by Drumbledore; 02-18-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

To be fair there's really no other way to word it. If you don't use spaces in an effort to demonstrate the correct format that a youtube link is embedded in, it won't show anything unless you have a youtube link already in there. And that wouldn't show how to do it, only the final result. I like your way of doing it DD, although you enter the tags after the question mark whereas I put the tags in between the entire link that youtube provides. I have not tried your way, but if it works it works.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

is it you Drumbledore who play drum in that band ?

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

test

YAAAYYYY
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Thank you for bringing this to your attention. The issue has been addressed and corrected. You can post just the link to the video without encountering any further errors. However, to embed the video, you will need to use the youtube BB code [yt]. You can put the full URL between the coding.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    is it you Drumbledore who play drum in that band ?
    Lol...no way Ricky....I'm not that good....that's a guy called Bob Muller. Trey Gunn is a Stick Bassist/Warr Guitarist who plays with Robert Fripp and King Crimson...so you know Bob Muller has to be pretty damn good in order to hang with a heavy musical cat like Trey.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8