Thread: Sabian B8 china or wuhan china?

drums-rock Guest

Cool Sabian B8 china or wuhan china?

Hey guys i got a Sabian b8 china but im not sure if i like the sound of but ive also seen good reviews abut the wuhan im just asking you guys ( casue your are the best ) if i should seel my b8 and buy a wuhan?

User Info Menu

sabian B8's are cheap cymbals, what do u expect?

User Info Menu

wuhans are amazing from what ive heard and read, plus their a lot cheaper, i suggest you stick to wuhan for chinas

User Info Menu

I've heard people complain that the Wuhans break easily. I use Wuhan and I think their excellent cymbals, including their china. Get the Wuhan bro.

User Info Menu

the traditional wuhan china is the mark i measure all other china sounds against. sure they can break easy, but half of the time it is because they are just so fun to play that people go overboard and beat the hell out of em.
    just about anything will be more durable than the wuhan but that is the sound i think of when i think "china cymbal".

User Info Menu

I have a B8 China, it sounds great, and I think it can take a hell of a beating. the former owner was really rough though and it has a 1/4 inch crack on the edge, but it makes it sound a bit trashier... I think it sounds great.

User Info Menu

I bought an 18" Wuhan China, because I agree with Funky. When I think of trashy china sound, I think of getting a china from . . . China!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i use a lion, (off brand wuhan) and its an awesome china, for some reason the less expensive chinas sound amazing it seems.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I know that sound is an individual thing, so I guess in the end, you just have to try out the cymbals to see what you want. DD, I respect that you like the sound of the Lion China, and yet, when I went to Guitar Center to get a China, I tried the Wuhan and the Lion. It was subtle difference, and I preferred the Wuhan. As I said, it's really individual choice on sound.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

WUHANS ROCK, they blow sabian b8 out the water hands down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I know that sound is an individual thing, so I guess in the end, you just have to try out the cymbals to see what you want. DD, I respect that you like the sound of the Lion China, and yet, when I went to Guitar Center to get a China, I tried the Wuhan and the Lion. It was subtle difference, and I preferred the Wuhan. As I said, it's really individual choice on sound.
    i definatly get what you mean pb infact size of the cymbal also affects witch one sounds better. the 18 wuhan blows the 18 lion out of the watter imo but in a 16 the lion has the right amount of trash in it imo. but its vary much an idividual choice.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    i definatly get what you mean pb infact size of the cymbal also affects witch one sounds better. the 18 wuhan blows the 18 lion out of the watter imo but in a 16 the lion has the right amount of trash in it imo. but its vary much an idividual choice.
    I hadn't thought about whether the Lion might have a different sound in a different size. I probably should have, because I know that the Wuhans all sound different. Each one is an individual cymbal. Thanks for setting me straight, DD.

User Info Menu

I hadn't thought about whether the Lion might have a different sound in a different size. I probably should have, because I know that the Wuhans all sound different. Each one is an individual cymbal. Thanks for setting me straight, DD.
    your welcome.

Shazane Guest

I've played a Wuhan before, it was really old and beat up but still sounded great.

User Info Menu

a very good point there pb. wuhans chinas are very individual.

also i played a wuhan s series 18" crash this weekend and have to say it smoked pretty much every other cheapo cymbal i have ever heard. very musical. i wouldnt go as far as to agree with pdplayer about matching a custom, but far better than zbt, zht, b8, pst, xs20...ect. alpha is the only other budget cymbal i've heard that competes imo.

User Info Menu

I don't like either.........they're both cheap.

User Info Menu

i would take the wuhan s series crash over a sabian metal x, zil. z custom or rediculously priced and clangy paiste rude any day. and at 30 bucks a piece the chinas can't be beat. i dont care if they break in 6 months. if wuhan chinas were good enuff for neil peart all those years before paragons they are good enuff for me.

as for the b8 pro china....possibly the worst sounding cymbal EVER.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post

as for the b8 pro china....possibly the worst sounding cymbal EVER.
    i disagree i think this is the worst sounding cymabal ever

i just think the b8 is the worst sounding cymbal by a cymbal company ever but its a little better than the trash can lid.

User Info Menu

Co-incidentally - just yesterday I grabbed a 12' Wuhan China , (sound unheard) from Ebay and I was about to put a new post about it when I saw this thread already running.

I have all 'top end' cymbals - Zildjian A's and K's etc and I never buy cheap cymbals, HOWEVER, this little thing is REALLY good.

It is very quick, sharp and trashy and is very contrasting to my other cymbal sounds which I think will work nicely for certain accents .

I was VERY surprised at how decent it is.
    I have heard they break easy though, so time will tell on that front.

' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

I've never myself had a b8 china, but b8's are some of the cheapest cymbals you can get as far as sound. but they are great in quality. i had a b8 crash ride that i played hard for over a year and it just now cracked today. i have a wuhan 18" china that ive had for about a month and i love it. plus it was only $30