Thread: Saratoga and Adirondack Area, NY

User Info Menu

Default Saratoga and Adirondack Area, NY

I spend time in the Adirondacks when I'm not home in Saratoga Springs.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Default Re: Saratoga and Adirondack Area, NY

Vacation in the adirondack mountains every summer. Amazing place. I Hike and mountain climb TONS.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

I can't think of too many other places I would rather be, and I have been to a lot of places!

It's the largest state park in the United States. All five national parks can fit inside it and there is still plenty of room to spare.

I love hiking, camping, canoeing, fishing, climbing, kayaking and just spending time in the Adirondacks. That's where both sides of my family are from and I still have relatives that live there- Long Lake and Newcomb.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Saratoga and Adirondack Area, NY

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    I can't think of too many other places I would rather be, and I have been to a lot of places!

It's the largest state park in the United States. All five national parks can fit inside it and there is still plenty of room to spare.

I love hiking, camping, canoeing, fishing, climbing, kayaking and just spending time in the Adirondacks. That's where both sides of my family are from and I still have relatives that live there- Long Lake and Newcomb.
    You should come up here in Canada man beautifull country for kayaking, fishing, hiking etc. Especially in my area Algonquin Park.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 09-14-2015 at 10:47 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post

Was up your way a bit driving and then picking up my son from a Summer Film program at SUNY Oswego. He met some nice kids from your area.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

This Saturday (9/19/15) my band Three Quarter North is playing at the Eagle Mills Craft Fair, west of Saratoga in Broadalbin NY. We played last year under an awning, in pouring rain. Nonetheless, it was well-attended, and we were well-received (enough for them to hire us back this year). It's one of the largest craft festivals in Northeast. Hoping for clear skies this time around. (Of course even so, we may be playing in shorts and t-shirts, or in heavy jackets ... you never know in the great Northeast this time of year.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Was up your way a bit driving and then picking up my son from a Summer Film program at SUNY Oswego. He met some nice kids from your area.
    I went to Oswego from 96-99 as a Communications major.

User Info Menu

Exciting news. My wife and I are in the process of buying a camp in the Adirondacks. It's on Lake Algonquin, in the town of Wells, NY. Offer accepted, contract signed, setting up an inspection, hope to close in early October. It's about a 90 minute drive from our home in Albany, which is perfect... not too far, but not too close either. Love the porch. Looking forward to having musician friends up for some old-time porch pickin' . I spent a lot of time as a kid, camping, hiking and fishing in that area (Wells, Speculator, Lake Pleasant).

camp.JPG

Next Saturday (9/16/17), my band (Three Quarter North) will be playing at "Art In The Park", art & music fest at Congress Park, in Saratoga Springs NY.

gazebo.jpg

Then, the following Saturday (9/23/17), we will be playing once again at the Eagle Mills Craft Fair, in Broadalbin NY (west of Saratoga, off Rt. 29). This will be our fourth straight year playing at this event. They like us, they pay us well.. one of the largest annual craft fairs in the Northeast.

We have a bunch of new material worked up that we'll be introducing. We still play bluegrass songs, we still use bluegrass instrumentation, and I still get out the washboard, spoons, rhythm bones, etc. But we have been branching out, and arranging more rock & roll songs into our format. The newer stuff has me playing brushes on drum & cymbals more than ever. I have also been playing more harmonica with the group... sometimes while playing percussion at the same time ! I am enjoying the challenge.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by JoePasko; 09-09-2017 at 11:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Adirondacks [update] - There was much delay in our purchase of our Adirondack camp. Sellers could not produce the abstract, had to get a new one done, etc. We finally closed last week, and now it's ours ! It's heated and usable year-round; although neither my wife or I are winter sports enthusiasts, we went up this past weekend and spent the night. Nice view of Lake Algonquin and the from our front porch !

http://www.drumchat.com/images/attach/jpg.gif
    http://www.drumchat.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

Saratoga : My band, Three Quarter North, set to play at the annual First Night celebration on New Year's Eve, in downtown Saratoga Springs, NY. There will be performers at venues throughout the city. We are playing at the Post Office, on Broadway. Three sets (7pm, 9pm, 11pm), alternating with a guitar/bass duo. It is going to be a grueling night, parking will no doubt be a pain, the weather outside will be frigid, driving conditions from Albany to Saratoga may not be great ....I will have fun once we are playing, but I cannot say that I am looking forward to it at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

I live in Ballston Spa just outside of Saratoga. Anyone near me?