Thread: What crash should i buy

User Info Menu

Default What crash should i buy

I play mostly metal (double bass, china, etc.) what would be a good crash to get that would sound good for the type of music?

User Info Menu

zildjian A/Z custom 17, 18, or 19 inch in the medium - heavy range, Paiste Rude, Sabian AAX/HHX, or Meinl MB20, all again in the 17, 18, 19 inch size, and medium - heavy weight range

User Info Menu

do you know how much these would run for?

User Info Menu

between 170 and 220 bucks
    i'd go with the sabian aax's or the rudes because a customs don't really sound like metal cymbals to me.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    between 170 and 220 bucks
    i'd go with the sabian aax's or the rudes because a customs don't really sound like metal cymbals to me.
    Z customs are metal cymbals, and A custom projection crashes and medium crashes would be metal. In my opinion metal means medium - heavy weight..so in that case you'd be wrong ringo. As for price, new these would run as ringo said 175 - 225 dollars, but if you look on ebay, you can get some really good deals, for good stuff.

User Info Menu

alot of metal guys (depending on the hundred new genres of metal) are getting away from the over loud and gongy "metal" cymbals like z customs and going for a more explosive response and quicker decay. like the a custom and a custom projection crashes.

User Info Menu

thanks a lot for the help!

User Info Menu

I think i saw a metal drummer a while ago using some K customs 0.o

But yea, The paiste rude series was specifically made for loud, heavy, driving music, same with the Meinl MB20, Zildjian Z custom, and Sabian AA metal-X and AAX metal

Stick to larger sizes, 18+ inches, maybe a 17, but, try and stick to 18-19-20 inch crashes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post

But yea, The paiste rude series was specifically made for loud, heavy, driving music, same with the Meinl MB20, Zildjian Z custom, and Sabian AA metal-X and AAX metal

Stick to larger sizes, 18+ inches, maybe a 17, but, try and stick to 18-19-20 inch crashes
    lol thats exactly what i told him

User Info Menu

Default Re: What crash should i buy

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post

K customs are actua;;y better for metal than rudes