Thread: overhead condenser mics.

User Info Menu

Default overhead condenser mics.

Question: When i connect my condenser mic up to my mixer and using my sonar x1 software. Should i be able to hear myself through the head phones? All of my other mics for my drums work fine.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: overhead condenser mics.

im not up to speed with sonor x1 but this is a general rule for all DAWS

if you have setup the routing to be monitoring that specific channel then yes you will hear it

the audio you hear will be delayed unless you have setup the recording delay compensation

User Info Menu

is the phantom power on? i know it's a silly question but i once spent 20 min trying to figure out why my drums weren't coming through the mix during a sound check at a gig before i realized i just forgot to press a button lol.

User Info Menu

^^^^this ...

User Info Menu

I'm going to echo what the others said about phantom power - you have to have power running to the mic, because that's what activates the diaphragm of the condenser to pass signal back down the line to the preamp.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

+4, assuming that all the other mics are dynamics.

Turn on the phantom power. If your interface doesn't have it, you're going to have to run the mics to a phantom power box (shouldn't be more than $50)and the phantom power box to the interface.
    Mmm... Saturns.