Thread: Didnt know Pearl made this..

User Info Menu

Default Didnt know Pearl made this..

found this today

User Info Menu

Default Re: Didnt know Pearl made this..

Interesting, I wonder how much this would cost compared to their E-pro Live kits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by s_tic_k View Post
    found this today

I like the look of the older e-drums, much better than the newer ones....but that bass drum is hideous

User Info Menu

The whole kit is hideous LOL but if it sounds good who cares what it looks like when you are playing in your closet.LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    The whole kit is hideous LOL but if it sounds good who cares what it looks like when you are playing in your closet.LOL
    True.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

They actually are pretty good for the time. Not as hard on the wrists as the original Simmons pads were. The brains were pretty cool and full of some great creative sounds.

The Bass drums on all e-kits of this time were murder on your feet and ankles. It was like hooking up a bass pedal to a plank of plywood.

User Info Menu

Is this real life? Now you can drum and learn your geometry too. Kit looks pretty old, my guess is it originated early to late 80's but the owner kept them 'til now. Probably very hard to come by a set of them. The module itself supports 2 inputs each for bass, snare, and 3 toms - no mention of crashes, rides, or hi hats. Makes me think they intended you to use live cymbals with it.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Very much like my old Tama Techstars but even the Tama's weren't that ugly... I still have the ones that I bought new in the early 80's.

User Info Menu

Jon Farriss from Australia's INXS used to use those years ago.

(pause this at 1:23 and you'll see the Pearl logo on those pads)
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Anyone know how old that Pearl e-kit is?

User Info Menu

Of course its real man lol n deffinetly ugly but its gota be rare, its for sale for 200 hehe

User Info Menu

I was at music-go-round (used instrument store) last night to get my DrumKat out of layaway, and they had the really old Roland pads that were triangular, bulky and ugly as sin. The cool thing about those is that they were 4 zones per pad. Each side had a rim trigger. If they are still around when I go back there I may buy one. They were selling them for 30 bucks each.

They also had some really old Yamaha pads that were round, bulky and had the worst playing surface I have ever played on. The sea-green stripe did not help them look appealing at all. Yuck.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by armyoflarry View Post
    I was at music-go-round (used instrument store) last night to get my DrumKat out of layaway, and they had the really old Roland pads that were triangular, bulky and ugly as sin. The cool thing about those is that they were 4 zones per pad. Each side had a rim trigger. If they are still around when I go back there I may buy one. They were selling them for 30 bucks each.

They also had some really old Yamaha pads that were round, bulky and had the worst playing surface I have ever played on. The sea-green stripe did not help them look appealing at all. Yuck.
    Yeah, I remember both of those type of pads. I think an old Yamaha catalogue I've got floating around might have the pics of those pads you've described.

User Info Menu

Thank goodness they never made acoustic drums with weird shapes like this.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Why is everybody saying they are ugly? Standard e-drum shape from the late 80's early 90's. Ive always loved Rick Allens drums from Hysteria and Adrenalize.

BTW easily one of the best concerts Ive seen period.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Why is everybody saying they are ugly? Standard e-drum shape from the late 80's early 90's. Ive always loved Rick Allens drums from Hysteria and Adrenalize.

Rick is a badass. He always has just the right part for a song. Though I am not a fan of the band's work past Hysteria, he always is at the top of his game. I can't rock as hard as that man, and I have one more limb. What an amazing guy he is!

User Info Menu

I have a huge set of those Pearl pads at my nephews house in New York. I've been thinking of having them sent to me but I need new sound modules because the Pearl Drum X modules are both shot. Anybody got any ideas what sound modules I should use. Keep in mind I have 7 tom pads in this kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    +10000000000000

I saw this tour myself. I got goosebumps watching the vid and seeing the curtains drop at the opening of the show. Great memories from a great band!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by killdrum View Post
    I have a huge set of those Pearl pads at my nephews house in New York. I've been thinking of having them sent to me but I need new sound modules because the Pearl Drum X modules are both shot. Anybody got any ideas what sound modules I should use. Keep in mind I have 7 tom pads in this kit.
    You reckon your nephew could send you any pictures of them? They'd be great to share.

I'll have a hunt around my lil' library around here and see if I still have one of my old books about electronic drums.....it had stuff in it like the Simmons SDS7 and Tama Techstars, so it should have something in there about the old Pearl Drum X.