Thread: Pedal Tension

User Info Menu

Default Pedal Tension

I was wondering how loose some of you guys keep your pedals. I'm looking for the best to use with alot of double kick playing that can come accurately to what my feet are actually doing lol (i move my feet now to what i know i want but the pedal stays back to long). I also am getting into vibe of using doubles with my right kick while playing on the hi hat. Any suggestions, thanks.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

about medium tension for me.

User Info Menu

Low to lessen the effort on my foot. Higher tensions make me use my entire lower limb which is tiring and hard on my hip joint.

User Info Menu

Yea I keep mine farely loose, less effort, means better playing.

User Info Menu

I keep mine about medium tension as well. It gives me a better sense of control. I don't like a "sloppy" feel to the pedal. To each their own!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

medium dont bother me, i grew up playing as tight as i could get em.

User Info Menu

TBH, with my new kit's pedal which is pretty fine, I'm still able to go as fast (if not faster) and more precise with it whilst it is quite tense. It's got a lot to do with batter heads and so on, but I'm impressed considering my old one did a hit if you so much as tapped it. I think it's all about your foot speed in all honesty, if you can build up the strength and stamina to go fast on a pedal with low tension, more tension isn't that much of a bigger deal
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

I've been toiling over the mechanics of this double pedal forever. How can I adjust where the pedal actually sits, like how far from the head it's placed?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

what pedal do you have?

User Info Menu

Same question as EP. There is usually a screw that can be loosened with a drum key on the top of the pedal assembly, near the top of the spring. When that is loosened, the angle of the beater can be changed.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm still getting the best feel for me. I just loosened them off after a few weeks of having them tight. They feel alot more comfortable now and alot smoother. I also managed to stop the squeeking which is great.

User Info Menu

yeah i find if i try to do fast doubles its very sloppy with lose tention, but with high tension it is very hard to do fast doubles too, so i just put the tension somewhere in the middle.