Thread: Drum Machines??

User Info Menu

Default Drum Machines??

What is the best all around drum machine?

Regards,

MAUIWH
    "The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have"

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Machines??

I want one. The one I could not afford also had pads you could play that monitored how far off the beat you were and where ( in fractions of a second ). It was cheaper than most drum machines but not low end either. Like 250.00 or so american dollars. I haven't seen it advertised lately, but it's the one I'm holding out for. Kinda kills two birds with one stone. Point is with so many available features on so many available models and mnfgs....it's my consensus after considerable shopping, that the name brands are a good way to start regardless. You might get a good new one for couple hundred.
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Machines??

Quote Originally Posted by mauiwh View Post
    What is the best all around drum machine?

Regards,

MAUIWH
    If you are talking Old School then back in the day it was the Linn-Drum.
    Then came the Linn 9000 with pads like what you see on equipment now days.
    The Linn 9000 was a hardware based sequencer, drum machine & sampler all in one.
    Later Rodger Linn built machines for Akai. Yamaha had a machine that was popular for a while.

Now days I would go with midi pads, a computer and software like Addictive Drums.