Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Kit!

User Info Menu

Default New Kit!

Tis me birthday today and I managed to collaborate with my parents to get myself a new kit...it's a beauty, although it means I'm gonna be bankrupt for a year
    It's a Mapex M Pro, blue burst finish, looks beautiful and sounds immense...although it came with Planet Z's, but poor quality cymbals don't bother me tbh...that's what I need next! :p
    And the best thing is it came with loads of freebies! Extra stand, extra tom AND a dual mount for it, which I can put on something like a splash cymbal later and a drum throne to boot. I'll post up some pics of it as soon as I can find a camera. The hardware is absolutely amazing as well...I'm so happy with it.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

drums-rock Guest

Wow sounds nice and happy birthday!

User Info Menu

nice score bro..have fun with it

User Info Menu

good shiz, the pro-m is a worthy kit and can be made to sound real nice. cant wait for some pics.

User Info Menu

From the front.

My lovely tri beater pedal which sounds like a double bass

From the back. Isn't it lovely? (if somewhat cramped, stupid keyboard)

User Info Menu

That didn't take long to get the pics posted! You really must be excited!!! Congratulations, ETF, and happy birthday!

BTW, the kit is beautiful! Play it proud!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

that finish looks nice. i would prolly raise that 8" to the same height as the other two toms tho. i bet you are very inspired right now.

User Info Menu

upon another look i would prolly lower the other two toms to meet the 8". i like my drums pretty low and almost flat.

User Info Menu

Yeah, just need to find my drum key again. Lost the silly thing, so until then I can't mess about with the clamps or put the beater on it's clicky clicky wood setting.

User Info Menu

just beautiful

User Info Menu

Bought a tear to my eye.
    I've played it for like close on 4 hours today though, the neighbours must hate me

User Info Menu

Nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Bought a tear to my eye.
    I've played it for like close on 4 hours today though, the neighbours must hate me
    I'm so sorry that you're forcing yourself to like those drums!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

get a pair of pliers. that's always a good substitute for a drum key. I wouldn't use it to tune (to keep those tension rods nice) but to use on pedal, yeah.

User Info Menu

very nice Ethel! Just looking at it makes me want to play. What wood?

User Info Menu

Happy birthday and congratulations great looking set!!!

User Info Menu

Happy birthday :>

You just sparked an idea :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80 View Post
    very nice Ethel! Just looking at it makes me want to play. What wood?
    If it's the one i think it is, I'm pretty sure it's maple (Mapex Pro M) - This is the kit I've been looking at - just don't have any money - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous right now.

Mapex hardware is fantastic - I can attest to that with the sturdyness of my pedal/hi-hat system that I've got - feels solid as a rock. Also good to see they've got Remo's as standard - that helps 'em sound good straight out tha box so to speak.

Anyway, Happy birthday and congrat's Ethel - enjoy and I just want you to know that I will be sitting at home and work wishing bad things upon you out of jealous rage
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

If it was mine - I'de put the two smaller toms on the mount on the kick and place the third tom on the dual mount stand they gave you - that way you could run the toms from directly above the snare straight around in an arc to the floor tom - with the heights adjusted so it moved down in a natural way aswell - but that's me

User Info Menu

Since my funding for whatever kit i want is slipping away...... Im gonna save up and get a EX and a ZXT set. Basic 5 piece fusion sizes. That will keep me buisy just for jamming then ill get a loan next year for the reference after my holiday :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    If it was mine - I'de put the two smaller toms on the mount on the kick and place the third tom on the dual mount stand they gave you - that way you could run the toms from directly above the snare straight around in an arc to the floor tom - with the heights adjusted so it moved down in a natural way aswell - but that's me
    I've lowered the rack toms now and I've decided I don't like my floor tom being that low. I'm probably going to raise and angle it so it is on the same height as the rack toms, which will kinda acchieve the same affect I guess :P

User Info Menu

Tis me birthday today and I managed to collaborate with my parents to get myself a new kit...it's a beauty, although it means I'm gonna be bankrupt for a year
    It's a Mapex M Pro, blue burst finish, looks beautiful and sounds immense...although it came with Planet Z's, but poor quality cymbals don't bother me tbh...that's what I need next! :p
    And the best thing is it came with loads of freebies! Extra stand, extra tom AND a dual mount for it, which I can put on something like a splash cymbal later and a drum throne to boot. I'll post up some pics of it as soon as I can find a camera. The hardware is absolutely amazing as well...I'm so happy with it.
    Right on man, sounds like a great set, we need some pics of that beauty, just a FYI if you can round up $150 you can get a grteat set of Wuhan S series cymbals, comes with a ride, crash, and a set of hats, and they sound very good.

User Info Menu

I've lowered the rack toms now and I've decided I don't like my floor tom being that low. I'm probably going to raise and angle it so it is on the same height as the rack toms, which will kinda acchieve the same affect I guess :P
    i like my floor the same height as my snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i like my floor the same height as my snare
    Same, slightly angled inward towards me.

User Info Menu

Happy Birthday ETF! Great looking set! Play them in good health!!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861