Thread: Does this happen to you?

User Info Menu

Default Does this happen to you?

When you listen to a song a couple of times, and get the drumbeat immediately?
    I heard the QOTSA new single on their Myspace before the album came out and learnt how to play it in about an hour, same with Velvet Revolver's 'She Builds Quick Machines', not that they were particularly difficult, along with Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls and most of Zeppelins Stairway To Heaven...but I'm intrigued as to whether anyone else tends to pick songs up like this...beat for beat kinda thing :p
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Yeah. Definately. Dad put an old Nick Lowe album on and i just played along, never haveing heard any of it before.

User Info Menu

It's such a great feeling though, that's the thing. It makes me feel like a proper musician :p
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Yeah! I like the felling of hearing the tempo of a song straigh away.

User Info Menu

I play guitar, harmonica, bass, congas...fiddled with trap set. My drums
    of choice are hand drums. That being said, i know im a drummer because
    the first thing i know i can do is play the rythm. Its almost like second nature.
    Guitar and other instruments are more work, of course i enjoy playing them
    but they dont come to me naturally like percussion.

User Info Menu

I agree, Jack. I enjoy playing the guitar when I'm in the mood, and I even fiddle with my brother's bass sometimes, but when I play drums, something comes out of me. I feel the rhythm . . . I always have.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!