View Poll Results: Remove unimportant Stickies

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

3 18.75%

Thread: Can we cut the "Stickies" by half?

User Info Menu

Default Can we cut the "Stickies" by half?

Too much fluff remains at the top of the page - How about an unsticky on some?

For example, "I win", "What Music", "Feel Good", etc. These will remain on page 1 as people if and when people post to them.

The "I WIN" Game
    What music are you listening to?
    The Ultimate Positive, Wisdom, Feel Good Thread (last post 11/17/2011)
    Last edited by Howzit; 03-08-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can we cut the "Stickies" by half?

I agree remove some of the stickies that taking room and are unimportant.

User Info Menu

Everything being said, the RIP Frank one should stay, just because. you know what i mean

User Info Menu

To be honest I don't exactly understand how stickies happen, aside from popularity and heavy interest in the thread(I can't just make one whenever I feel like it). I like to use the 'new posts' button to see what's going on in the forums, so I don't notice the number of stickies most of the time. I do see what you're getting at though, people will hit up those threads if they like them. I was thinking something else for awhile, and my apologies if this is perhaps too unrelated to the topic of the OP.. I wouldn't mind seeing more stickies(in the appropriate section for them of course), which could have a nice in-depth guide/tutorial feel to them(like a guide to drumheads or pedals). Might make for an easy reference tool to find information on common topics, and avoid repeat questions.
    Last edited by Russ; 03-07-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Hi! I'm Russ and i'm a parentheses junkie :)
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Well actually, I don't see what the problem is. Are they taking up to much room or something? A lot of them are fun IMO. Are we talking about the stickies in just the "off topic" room? Cause there are plenty more stickies in all of the other "rooms". All the drum discussion stickies in the "Drumset" room. The "Birds-eye View/Drivers Seat" sticky? The "Show us Your Drums" sticky? Who determines what stays and what goes? If you don't see the thread you want, just click on the next page button, right? Sorry, I don't get it.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

I think its fine the way it is. I mean, the stickies were all stickied for a reason to begin with. They are either informative, fun, commemorative, or major threads in a particular section. Simply put, they were deemed valuable enough to be listed first. This topic has come up before... I mean, is it really that hard to scroll down a little more?
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Way toooo many stickies in many of the sections. Some need to stay. Some really need to go. Who decides that? Who knows. Isn't that why Mods get paid the big bucks?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    ...I mean, is it really that hard to scroll down a little more?
    Scroll down, turn a page, same stickies taking up half the next page.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    ...Are we talking about the stickies in just the "off topic" room? Cause there are plenty more stickies in all of the other "rooms". All the drum discussion stickies in the "Drumset" room. The "Birds-eye View/Drivers Seat" sticky? The "Show us Your Drums" sticky? Who determines what stays and what goes? If you don't see the thread you want, just click on the next page button, right? Sorry, I don't get it.
    We could start with "Off Topic". People could add the names to this list of the ones they would like to see dropped and those to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Way toooo many stickies in many of the sections. Some need to stay. Some really need to go. Who decides that? Who knows. Isn't that why Mods get paid the big bucks?
    Create a list and mods make the call.
    Last edited by Howzit; 03-08-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

I just hit " new posts ".............but then again there's a lot I need to learn
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Don't know where you heard that. The Mods do not get paid they just volunteer their time but I think they should get paid with the B.S. they have to put up with sometime on the DC..
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 03-08-2012 at 10:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Sorry I'm late getting to this. I've picked up some extra work lately and I'm spread thin.

Some of the stickies like in the drumset forum we should have there. I agree that many of the ones in the other forums are starting to get in the way. I'll get with admin and talk about it and we'll clean it out some. I know they've been talking about wanting to put together a page that highlights some of the popular areas of the site.

It's so cool to look back on the history of the site and see the size to which it's grown. A lot of passionate drummers come through here.

User Info Menu

Alright, they want to leave the drum and cymbal companies under those threads because they're so popular but they suggested some to be pulled for Off Topic and General Drum Discussion. I've made some of those changes and you should see a difference.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Don't know where you heard that. The Mods do not get paid they just volunteer their time but I think they should get paid with the B.S. they have to put up with sometime on the DC..
    It was obviously my feeble attempt at levity. I think it's pretty common knowledge that the Mods volunteer on this board just like on other boards.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Alright, they want to leave the drum and cymbal companies under those threads because they're so popular but they suggested some to be pulled for Off Topic and General Drum Discussion. I've made some of those changes and you should see a difference.
    Thanks Drummer. From 13 to 7 just like that!