Thread: DD505 snare drum faulty.

User Info Menu

Default DD505 snare drum faulty.

This is a cheap drumkit. The problem is with the module I checked if the snare would work with the other drums but no sound.. when hitting the snare sometimes a very low pitched sound comes from the snare every 20 hits maybe.

anyone familar with the model of the drumkit DD505??

User Info Menu

Default Re: DD505 snare drum faulty.

My goodness. I have never heard of that kit and I thought I had looked into them all. I had to look it up. It seems to be one of the many clones of the lowest line of Alesis e-kits, which are just dreadful.

Your problem is not stated very clearly. When you say other drums, what do you mean? Other drums in the kit? Other sounds in the module?

The low pitched sound you are hearing sounds like a classic case of "cross-talk" between the drums. If hitting one drum vibrates the others hard enough it will make them trigger. most modules have sensitivity and cross-talk settings to help you minimize this problem. Also having a solid rack system will help. I'm guessing the rack is pretty shoddy on this model.

I know it is overstated here by many of us, but buying cheap gear will only lead to heartbreak and frustration. The time and energy you spend on trying to make junk work is not worth any savings. Please don't take this as me talking down to you, I know this because I have made the same mistake myself more than once.

User Info Menu

Default Re: DD505 snare drum faulty.

Just wondering if you sorted this out? is the snare the dual trigger version with the rubber outer, or is it the same as the toms? And I assume you have tried it is a tom input and it still doesnt work?

If its the same as the toms then the pad is really simple and nothing to go wrong with it, its just a piezo sensor in the middle, 2 wires and a jack socket. with some foam and rubber to make the pad. The piezo wont be a problem, so it will be either the jack socket, or what is more likley is that it will be a wire broken with the vibrations, which is real easy to fix.