Thread: Playing drums to music through mixer

User Info Menu

Default Playing drums to music through mixer

Hi, I discovered last weekend i was playing drums to music that i was listening to on youtube through my mixer. It really helps me because i can hear not only what i am playing but how fast or slow i am playing. I think every drummer should try this. It really helps.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Playing drums to music through mixer

I play an e-kit .. and i have it and my computer and my mp3 player all jacked through a mixer .. I absolutly love the versitility .. and having the ability to change the mix right there is awesome.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Yes, that feature is very good to use. Glad your learning some cool new stuff!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy60 View Post
    Hi, I discovered last weekend i was playing drums to music that i was listening to on youtube through my mixer. It really helps me because i can hear not only what i am playing but how fast or slow i am playing. I think every drummer should try this. It really helps.

Keep drumming

Gregg
    Absolutely..... It's a fun way to practice keeping your tempos steady without playing to a click

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy60 View Post

Keep drumming

Gregg
    What make/model mixer are you using? just interested thanks

User Info Menu

You can also record yourself playing to it and listen back to see how on spot you were. Great skillbuilder, be prepared though because the mic is merciless and never lies. Any mistake made it will make abundantly clear in the master. It's great to record your practices though.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Hi again drummers, I was asked a question about the make and model of my mixer. I use a Alesis multimix8 usb.

Keep drumming

Gregg