Thread: ZHT's

User Info Menu

Default ZHT's

I did some onsite management :P About different cymbals. I tried a few different zildjian cymbals (Coz thats what i want to get)
    Hi hats first.

I quickly went over the range from the ZBT's up through to the Zhts Then into the customs. There were A customs and Dark customs from memory. I found the ZHT's the brightest ones there. They had the click to them when closed and used with wood tipped sticks and had the shimmer to them when played slightly open (My main two positions)

With the ride. I liked the ZHT's again for the simular reasons. They really shimmer with the wooden tips. Instead of a dead kind of rumble. Again going through the A customs, Z customs ZXT's etc.

The only thing i couldnt find was a nice crash. The ZHT 16" Crash i didnt like. I tried a few but i think the only reason i couldnt hit them like i would when i play. So it is possible i would like them more upon purchase.

Then i looked through a few splashes. I think it was the A custom i found best. It had againt he most shimmer to it with the wooden sticks. Sounded how i thought a splash should. I think it was an 8".

There is a bit of info from my holiday trip to the music store :P YAY! :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

dont buy ZHT's. theyre sheet cymbals..and pretty much junk from zildjian. Buy yourself A's, A customs, Z customs, or K's. Im sure what u were looking at were dark zildjian K's. First u have to educate yourself about cymbals before u go hitting them and wind up buying low end crap. Like for example cast bronze and sheet bronze cymbals

sheet = zbt, zht, zxt, planetZ
    cast = a, k, z (custom) etc

also keep in mind that u might have been playing only a certain type of A custom. They have 4 different types ranging from paper thin, thin, medium thin, and medium weights. Also certain rides may have different characteristics.

Also Z customs have hammer marks on them, and vary in weight from medium, medium heavy, to heavy. These are made for heavy metal players and such.

My advice would be to go with A customs, theyre practically the most popular cymbal line out there..and can suit a variety of playing styles..and characteristics. check www.zildjian.com for more info.

User Info Menu

There was a whole wall of cymbols and i played alot of them. I actually played a customs.... and dark customs and through. Im not saying the rest were crap because i didnt have enough time to go through them all. I liked the A custom splash but like i said too i didnt really get into the crash cymbals coz i didnt want to make too much noise.

Anyways? I thought the exercise of doing things like this was to find what i like in the sound? If i dont like the a customs and whatnot what is wrong with the ZHT's... Even if they are sheeted. And it was a while ago but i did actualy go through the whole zildjian sabian and pastes sites and learnt everything.

But again, If i got the sound i want from it? Why cant I? I know they wont break. I know people that have had ZBT's for years without dents... And it has the sound i want? I understand there not created "perfectly" But again, its got the sound i want. Who cares what it is? I got that sound........

Please prove me wrong because i feel nieve atm.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Its all about finding a sound YOU like. What dous it matter if they are ZHT?

User Info Menu

bright and loud is not always a good thing. you make claims to know alot about studio work and such, know that bright clangy sheet cymbals will clip a signal much easier than an A custom.

User Info Menu

theyre not even B20 dude..