Thread: Just say your opinion

User Info Menu

Smile Just say your opinion

Yesterday i red an article about Gabriel drums. These drums are hand made. Just visit their site :www.gabrieldrums.com and give me your opinion. The price for a 9-ply maple standard shell set for example is 2600euro.

User Info Menu

they look pretty awesome..ive been to their site before. so what if theyre expensive. lol

User Info Menu

I dont know much about little company drums..... But arnt all higher end drums made by hand? Like the reference.... there not made by machines..... I would have thought exports would be tohugh.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Can't help you hear, but I would stay away from new companies, I prefer a drum company that has established themselves and that a good reputation, I went thru three ddrum kits, and all of them were messed up, got my PDP(by DW)and have never owned or played a better drumset.

User Info Menu

I wish id be able to afford a PDP. Ill proabably have to settle for a Premier. Oh well. If it was good enough for Keith Moon itll be good enough for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    I wish id be able to afford a PDP. Ill proabably have to settle for a Premier. Oh well. If it was good enough for Keith Moon itll be good enough for me.
    Hellyeah there is nothing wrong with premier drums, so how is that video comin?

User Info Menu

Tomorrow. I made a video but it was really dark and the camera was too low. Ill make a better one tomrrow.

By the way, have you tried any premier drums ?

User Info Menu

premier.... in my mind they were in the same league as impact etc. One to stear clear of.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I don't know very much about the premier drums but my teacher had said that are good drums. About the Gabriel drums now,the company is about 20 years old ,i hear the sound of this drum kits (at the website)and some of these have very good sound. The company is very small, if you buy a kit you will have it at 30-40 days...so small! (sorry if i have mistakes)

User Info Menu

Hand made in Greece? well in my opinion, in all mediterranean music, the drum beat is very well appreciated so I have no doubt that they would want only the best sounding drums..I say definately worth a go and check it out, have a play on a real set and go from there. It doesnt have to be a well known brand for it to have a beautiful sound to it, unfortunately because of companys like Pearl and DW etc, the little companys do not get much exposure...thats why Gretsch is being strongly marketed in AU now and trying to compete with the big guns that rule the markets.

User Info Menu

They look nice so what if there expensive

User Info Menu

I've never heard of them but i like the flash at the beginning. Cool drum solo too.

User Info Menu

Hm i think i prefer american wood over any others....

Canadian maple (drools... I know its not american)
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters