Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Got Endorsed!

User Info Menu

Default I Got Endorsed!

I just received an endorsement from Imperial cymbals. Not full, thus allowing me to stick with my Meinls and have a 50% discount with Imperial rather than full endorsement. I'm not willing to take a leap of faith (Haha, that's the name of one of their cymbal lines) and have to step away from the Meinls just because I want free gear. I pay for a reason, I like the sound of my cymbals.

I've waited about a year to decide how I wanted to go about attempting to get endorsements. After speaking with the few endorsed artists I was able to get a minute with, it came down to essentially building a resume with endorsements. If you have endorsements already, the company you desire to be endorsed by will take that into consideration when deciding whether or not they want to endorse you. It looks a lot better than "None".

Under contract, using a company as a stepping stone to be endorsed by another company would be extremely unwise, because companies would view that negatively. However, when not stuck under a contract, you are free to do as you'd like and this is considered common practice. I love being free to do/say what I like. For instance, I think Imperial's ad campaign "Bang Something New" is extremely distasteful and it makes me happy that they do not feature their artists on their site. Boom.

All in all, Imperial is a small company. I find being endorsed to be pretty neat, for sure. But the way I see it now, I think it'll look good on my Meinl endorsement form. By the way, if any of you decide to buy a cymbal from Imperial, I can give referral discounts too. That's kinda neat.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 06-23-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Default Re: I Got Endorsed!

Congrats man!! That's pretty epic. haven't heard of Imperial before, might check em out.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Totally awesome! Congratulations on moving up in the cymbal world, your hard work is paying off! Great to be noticed ain't it? Be prepared for a lot of work now, I imagine they're going to want their artists kept busy and showing off their cymbals at as many places as possible to get the word out.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

congrad brother
    let say it will open some door after

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Great info and education/insight on endorsements! Thank you and congratulations!

User Info Menu

That is freaking awesome man! Seriously great stuff.

I'd love to converse with you about how you went about doing this. Because my band has only been playing for a year and a half or so, I'm not sure if I'm even close to being able to start sending out endorsement forms, but I'd love to chat with you further about this whole thing. If you're cool with it, PM me and we can talk!
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Congrats man! Very very cool.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

I'll definitely shoot you a PM! Imperial is a pretty easy one to chase, others include TRX and Soultone. I'll probably send in my Meinl form before the end of summer. If they offer me a contract (I'd have to be super lucky there) I'd gladly accept that. Try to find companies that are early in the growing stage; they'll endorse easier because they are looking for the publicity much more diligently than a company that has many known artists flocking to them.

User Info Menu

Congrats man it finaly happened. I recall way back you talking about getting an endorsement and you got it. I will definitly check out the Imperial cymbals just to be curious about them. Cheers

User Info Menu

They've got a pretty limited selection right now, but they don't look half bad. Thanks MCX Man! I appreciate it!

User Info Menu

Good deal Noah! I happy to hear you set a goal and achieved it. Maybe I can get a referral discount if your get that Meinl endorsement?

User Info Menu

Hey IANAT, it's about time you got endorsed!
    Especially after watching your playing on the cover you uploaded recently, you got da skillz man!

Hope everything works out with you endorsing their company!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

And I'm going to go check the Imperial line right now..
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Nice one!

User Info Menu

Wtg ianat!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Congrats.....hope they sound good

User Info Menu

Well done man..May check these bad boys out!
    Pearl Export,Sabian,Pro-Mark,Vic-Firth,Remo

User Info Menu

Hey, congrats IANAT! Can't say that any of us Aussie drummers would have come across Imperial cymbals, so that's now another brand I'll have to look up on YouTube to have a listen to. Nice that at least you've got an endorsement happening now, and more importantly, that you can set your own terms.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Congrats man!
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

I checked out Imperial cymbals they seem to offer pretty nice looking cymbals but I found them to be a bit pricey for a new cymbal maker. Competing with the other giants like Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste is tough enough for a new cymbal to market.

User Info Menu

We need vids of YOU playing them!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Just got another! C&C Custom Drums just gave me an artist's endorsement, which comes with a 30% discount. Along with that, if I post more show dates the discount can get bigger. I want to get a player date kit from them after this summer, so I figured I'd go ahead and apply. Just saved like $600; sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I checked out Imperial cymbals they seem to offer pretty nice looking cymbals but I found them to be a bit pricey for a new cymbal maker. Competing with the other giants like Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste is tough enough for a new cymbal to market.
    I agree, especially since they have such a limited selection.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-10-2012 at 06:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Congrats IANAT! I have a friend whose band is slowly taking off and he's looking into an Imperial cymbals endorsement as well. This thread has some cool info i could pass along to him.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Glad I could help!