Thread: Double Bass Pedals

User Info Menu

Default Double Bass Pedals

I was just wondering what any of u guys or girls think is the best double bass drum pedal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoldier21 View Post
    I was just wondering what any of u guys or girls think is the best double bass drum pedal.
    This is in another thread man, have a look around before posting.

Anyway honestly the trick dbl pedal, but it is WAY TO EXPENSIVE, I am very happy with my DW 4000 pedal, does everything I need it to.

User Info Menu

i like the dw 9000's but i'm not willing to spend 500 bucks
    go with the iron cobra from tama or the flying dragon from yamaha
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

yup if you have 700 buck layin around, the trick pedals are absolutly amazing. i will own some in the next year dammit.
    i can say that the dw 5000s i own have served me well since the early 90s and have seen literally hundreds of tear downs.

User Info Menu

any dw series but i started with the iron cobra that i bought off a friend and it did me justice.

User Info Menu

DW 9000. Best double pedals out there.

User Info Menu

I think it kinda stunts your growth as a drummer if you get a double pedal too early. I think you should play with single pedal until you are an acomplished drummer. Just my opinion mind.

User Info Menu

in other words it's like taking steroids for drummers
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    I think it kinda stunts your growth as a drummer if you get a double pedal too early. I think you should play with single pedal until you are an acomplished drummer. Just my opinion mind.
    i think you are correct. i jumped right into playing double kick as i was real into 80s thrash and speed metal when i started out. while i got very good at it i think it slowed down my future single kick and hi hat development.

User Info Menu

Iron cobras. Eliminators and the Dw ones :P

I tried a cobra when in perth..... twas smooth.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Has anyone tried the Axis pedals? Did anyone think they were any good?

User Info Menu

axis feel very nice, but everyone i know that bought them have said they have had issues and have had to send them back at least once.

User Info Menu

DW in my opinion is ultimatly the best, but dont get caught up too much in it, you dont want to forget your single bass stuff, believe me it takes alot of time to practice your double bass but if you forget most of your single bass beats then your just another double bass happy guy who only knows how to do that ya know.
    GOD + Me= Awsome Drummer!

User Info Menu

i get what u are sayin about that. i was just wondering because i eventually want to get into double bass. i appreciate the advice from all of u. sorry i didn't see the other thread about this.