Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Adair

User Info Menu

Default Daniel Adair

what do you guys think of the drummer from nickelback, Daniel Adair?
    They say im the crazy drummer, I have to disagree, I am the psyhcotic drummer.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Daniel Adair

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrummer View Post
    what do you guys think of the drummer from nickelback, Daniel Adair?
    Post a few pics and a bit of history about him.

User Info Menu

I try to avoid listening to the band if i can help it, but that dude is one incredible drummer.

User Info Menu

hes one of my best drummers. he kicks butt
    METALLIHOLIC

User Info Menu

great drummer!...but his stuff with his other band Martone is A LOT better

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlipDWfan4lyfe View Post
    great drummer!...but his stuff with his other band Martone is A LOT better
    How could it not be?
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Okay, since you boys can't follow the rules:

Daniel Adair

While most known for his work with Nickelback, Canadian born drummer Daniel Adair is hardly a one-trick pony.
    In addition to recording, producing, and touring with Nickelback, Daniel also is a member of the band Martone, and has been a studio drummer for several other well-known bands. From 2002-2004, he was the drummer for 3 Doors Down, and joined with Nickelback in January of 2005.

His setup consists of DW VLT and X Series Maples, Black Ice finish with satin hardware. He uses Sabian cymbals and (go figure) Regal Tip Daniel Adair Signature Series sticks.

Personally, I think Daniel is an amazing drummer, and he was the first drummer that I was able to separate from the other instruments and vocals in a song. I would have to say that listening to him was a heavy influence in my desire to learn how to play the drums, and to actually do it!
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

Nickelbacklash - noun. An antagonistic reaction to a musical ensemble, due to popularity, radio kill, or just following the crowd. Usually occurs when one actually enjoys a band, but refuses to admit it so as not to incur disgust from peers. Also involves singing along when all the doors are closed and the windows are up.

Just a thought....there are thousands of of women that LOVE Nickelback, would stand in line for hours for concert tickets, do just about anything to get backstage, and use their songs as mood music for certain playlists....even if you think the band "sux", don't you think you might want to zip your lips and pretend to like them - or at least not insult them, even if only around females. Nothing turns a girl off quicker than being told the music she listens to is crap.

....and I would be happy to hear why you don't like them...everybody has their own tastes in music.

User Info Menu

Daniel Adair is a fantastic drummer.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Nickelbacklash - noun. An antagonistic reaction to a musical ensemble, due to popularity, radio kill, or just following the crowd. Usually occurs when one actually enjoys a band, but refuses to admit it so as not to incur disgust from peers. Also involves singing along when all the doors are closed and the windows are up.

Just a thought....there are thousands of of women that LOVE Nickelback, would stand in line for hours for concert tickets, do just about anything to get backstage, and use their songs as mood music for certain playlists....even if you think the band "sux", don't you think you might want to zip your lips and pretend to like them - or at least not insult them, even if only around females. Nothing turns a girl off quicker than being told the music she listens to is crap.

....and I would be happy to hear why you don't like them...everybody has their own tastes in music.
    Well put.
    I happen to like a lot of Nickelbacks tunes, and I'll tell you in concert they will tear your face off!

User Info Menu

I am halfway through reading about him, cover page and big article/interview in Drumhead magazine. If he made that cover he is no slouch.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Fair enough. I personally don't like Nickelback, but probably because I'm very picky about the music I listen to. I have many unpopular opinions on a lot of bands, for example I can't stand Breaking benjamin, Papa roach and nickelback, no matter how good their drummers are. Their style of music has always seemed very cheap and over involved. ( not style as in genre, I know they sound very different from another). I;m not sure if that made sense at all, but that's a tangent.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

Larrysperf Guest

He has always been my fav. Canadian drummer from his days with 3 Doors down and Martone. Nuff said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imnotverygood9 View Post
    Fair enough. I personally don't like Nickelback, but probably because I'm very picky about the music I listen to. I have many unpopular opinions on a lot of bands, for example I can't stand Breaking benjamin, Papa roach and nickelback, no matter how good their drummers are. Their style of music has always seemed very cheap and over involved. ( not style as in genre, I know they sound very different from another). I;m not sure if that made sense at all, but that's a tangent.
    Yes, it makes perfect sense. My husband is what I refer to as a "music snob", because he thinks that all the music that is put out today doesn't hold a candle to the southern and classic rock of the 70's and early 80's. He admits it though, AND he knows to smile when I crank up the Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman.

Thanks for your reply - I have no problem with people not liking NB, I just can't stand when they can't back it up!

User Info Menu

Thanks for your reply - I have no problem with people not liking NB, I just can't stand when they can't back it up!
    Don't know what there is to "back up". If someone doesn't care for a band's music, it is what it is.

I listen to everything from classical music and country to "rip-yer-face off" heavy metal. Some bands I don't care for. I don't really have anything to back it with other than, I just don't care for their songs. I dunno. Why do I need to back up my reasoning?
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Don't know what there is to "back up". If someone doesn't care for a band's music, it is what it is.

I listen to everything from classical music and country to "rip-yer-face off" heavy metal. Some bands I don't care for. I don't really have anything to back it with other than, I just don't care for their songs. I dunno. Why do I need to back up my reasoning?
    Not really a back up - just a reason. There are so many bands out there that get a bum rap because its popular to hate them (see Nickelbacklash)
    I am perfectly okay with its not my type of music, or the lyrics annoy me, or it gives me a headache - anything. I just hate it when someone dislikes a band or music because everyone else does. Too many times I'll ask why someone doesn't like NB, and the only reason they give me is "because they suck"
    I'm all for people having differing opinions on music - that's the way it should be. I just want people to respect my choices, as I would respect theirs.
    I kind of look at it like this - it isn't called "pop" music for no reason, its because its popular. I however, don't like much of it. I think it is over-produced and half the new bands sound completely different when they play live than their studio stuff.
    My (10 yo) daughter LOVES One Direction. I really don't like them due to above reasons, but I wouldn't tell her that, so I just smile and sing along with her. If she ever asks, I'll tell her they aren't my favorite, but I'll let her know that doesn't mean her taste in music is bad.
    Does that make any sense?

User Info Menu

Not really a back up - just a reason. There are so many bands out there that get a bum rap because its popular to hate them (see Nickelbacklash)
    I am perfectly okay with its not my type of music, or the lyrics annoy me, or it gives me a headache - anything. I just hate it when someone dislikes a band or music because everyone else does. Too many times I'll ask why someone doesn't like NB, and the only reason they give me is "because they suck"
    I'm all for people having differing opinions on music - that's the way it should be. I just want people to respect my choices, as I would respect theirs.
    I kind of look at it like this - it isn't called "pop" music for no reason, its because its popular. I however, don't like much of it. I think it is over-produced and half the new bands sound completely different when they play live than their studio stuff.
    My (10 yo) daughter LOVES One Direction. I really don't like them due to above reasons, but I wouldn't tell her that, so I just smile and sing along with her. If she ever asks, I'll tell her they aren't my favorite, but I'll let her know that doesn't mean her taste in music is bad.
    Does that make any sense?
    Makes perfect sense. Saying a band "sucks" is not a reason, it is a statement. A very lame statement at that.

I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you one bit, Bluesky. I totally understand your statement. All I'm trying to say is, if I don't like a certain band, whomever that may be, I don't feel like I need to tell anyone or justify my reasons.

And yes, I don't think it is fair to bash or belittle a band to someone else who may like them very much. I was taught that if I have nothing nice to say, keep my mouth shut. I don't care much for NB either but I'm not the person to sit here and say, "ya man, i don't like them cuz they suck and you're an idiot for liking them because I don't". If someone likes NB, that's awesome!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Makes perfect sense. Saying a band "sucks" is not a reason, it is a statement. A very lame statement at that.

I'm not arguing or disagreeing with you one bit, Bluesky. I totally understand your statement. All I'm trying to say is, if I don't like a certain band, whomever that may be, I don't feel like I need to tell anyone or justify my reasons.

And yes, I don't think it is fair to bash or belittle a band to someone else who may like them very much. I was taught that if I have nothing nice to say, keep my mouth shut. I don't care much for NB either but I'm not the person to sit here and say, "ya man, i don't like them cuz they suck and you're an idiot for liking them because I don't". If someone likes NB, that's awesome!
    I know you aren't arguing, Mark - you're too nice for that!

And you said exactly what I meant - just much more succinctly and nicely. Brevity isn't one of my strong suits, especially when it comes to music. Its (music) too much of what makes me "me".

User Info Menu

I was taught that if I have nothing nice to say, keep my mouth shut.
    Minnesota Nice!

On another note............

I always thought the band "Winger" got a bad rap in the early nineties..............all from Beavis and Butthead IMO

Rod Morgenstein was/is an awesome drummer and they were an extremely talented band.

Sometimes it becomes "cool" to hate someone or something...........crazy

User Info Menu

I LOVE Winger!! I think I wore out my "cassingle" of Seventeen. Hey, I graduated in 1992...all those hair metal bands...It was sad when Nirvana came on the scene and changes music overnight. Nothing against Nirvana, just the end of an era, so to speak.

But yes, Winger is a prefect example of Nickelbacklash.

User Info Menu

Rod Morgenstein on drums, Reb Beach on guitar, Kip is no slouch on bass or vocals good band.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Sometimes it becomes "cool" to hate someone or something...........crazy
    Yep. It seems to be the thing over here to slag off Coldplay, with it being an almost "in" thing to make jokes about them.
    Funny then how they sell so well. Must be a lot of people not being truthful!
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    Yep. It seems to be the thing over here to slag off Coldplay, with it being an almost "in" thing to make jokes about them.
    Funny then how they sell so well. Must be a lot of people not being truthful!
    Agreed, and it's not just over there...Nickelback, Coldplay, Daughtry, Creed...and so many more...they all get the haters, but everyone knows who they are and they are selling millions of albums, so someone must like them.

User Info Menu

Daniel Adair is awesome! It always seems like his drum parts make average songs a lot more fun to listen to. A lot of people hate on Nickleback, but I really like some of their songs. I'm a metal head at heart but their heavier stuff, with tight drums are worth a litsten if you're a hater.
    Love my Gretsch sound!

User Info Menu

Being my first band was in 1961, I have played through several "eras" of music.

There have been bands I really liked, some I can listen to and enjoy some of their music, and some I can't stand.

I'll go to u-tube, find a band and think "that was a good song", and then the next song by the same band I think "this song sucks". Nickleback falls into that category.

I won't name the bands I can't stand, I don't need the flak. Some of them are way up on the all time greats list.