Thread: Which double bass pedal to get?

User Info Menu

Default Which double bass pedal to get?

So I am thinking of getting myself a double pedal but I am stuck on two pedals, the Tama Iron Cobras and the Gibraltar 661DB. Obviously the gibraltar is much cheaper but is it almost as good as the Iron cobras? Im thinking of getting the gibraltar because I'm just starting out with these double pedal/bass things so maybe I should start out with a gibraltar incase I wouldnt like to play double bass that much? What do you guys think?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Which double bass pedal to get?

Iron Cobra is a good choice by reputation, can't lose with them no matter what. If you get the chance though, go to a drumshop and try out the Gibraltar as well as a few other models in your price range for a better feel of what you like.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Out of the two definitly the Iron Cobra cause to me Gilbrator are not well known like the IC.

User Info Menu

There are more threads here on this so keep digging a bit., I just bought a Pearl Eliminator (my first double) after reading a bunch of reviews of a number of different double pedals and advice on this forum, its less expensive than the Speed Cobras but it also has interchangeable cams to fine tune the pedal along with the other adjustments. I thought it would be a good place to start my adventure into double pedals. Speed cobras had a 5 star rating Vs Pearl at 4 1/2 stars.
    TD-9 Custom Rocker
    Schecter Stiletto Elite 4
    Peavy BXP Grind

User Info Menu

go with what your feet and wallet tell you.

User Info Menu

Go with what your feet tell you, screw your wallet!!!

Sounds to me though like you are trying to save some money. I'd check out craigslist or ebay for a used pair of iron cobras. In my experience, they don't break. I bought mine second hand and never had a problem with it (Iron cobras that is).

I have played on a gibraltar pedal and its ok. But I'd prefer my cobras =)
    Too Much Stuff.