Thread: Yamaha Cymbal issues

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha Cymbal issues

How do you get the crash cymbals to sound louder and not turn the whole sound of the set up at the same time? Got the volume set at 127 which appears to be the max.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Cymbal issues

seems to me if they are turned to 127 and not as loud as you want compared to everything else .. you will have to turn everything else down a little.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

But this one goes to 11, so it's '1' louder, isn't it.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Wink Re: Yamaha Cymbal issues

Looks like I may have to go back to "real" cymbals for crashes. Thanks anyway though....

User Info Menu

Which module do you have?…there are two volume controls (at least on DTX 900 module)…one for the whole kit and one also for each individual pad…have you checked both?…also the cymbal itself has an adjustment...
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 04-07-2012 at 08:40 AM.

User Info Menu

I've got DTX Multi-12 pads. On those, I can layer up to four sounds. I always have to layer cymbals to get them loud enough.

I've also got a DTX500 module. Haven't used it that much yet, but on that, I can layer two sounds, and set the crossfade to '0' to get them to sound together.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    How do you get the crash cymbals to sound louder and not turn the whole sound of the set up at the same time? Got the volume set at 127 which appears to be the max.
    On your module you should have both volume settings as well as velocity settings.

On the PCY 135-155 cymbals there is a Output Level Adjuster underneath the cymbal
    that you can adjust with a screwdriver. PCY-135/155 Owners Manual page 8.

User Info Menu

You guys have some great suggestions. I'll give them a try. Thanks!