Thread: Purchasing Drum Lessons on the Net

User Info Menu

Default Purchasing Drum Lessons on the Net

Has anyone ever purchased anything like this off the net?

rockdrummingsystem.com

Personally, I am not a very 'imaginative person / drummer' so I find that I need to copy other peoples patterns and try and memorise them and then put them all together when I am practicing, I find it fairly impossible to come up with idea's of my own - always have, always will.

However - I have found that when I watch instructional DVD's from well known drummers I find it relatively easy to learn from them as I can hear and see what they are doing.

I am interested to know if anyone has purchased a 'system' like this or similar and if they found it useul. I would be above Beginner level to Intermediate.Unfortunately the way these guys do thier web sites makes me very skeptical about them as they come across like the original Demtel ' free steak knives' commercials.

I do go to a teacher fortnightly but I want to improve further and I find that DVDs do help me a LOT.

Any thoughts on guys like this?

Regards

Wotto
    Last edited by drummer; 07-15-2007 at 11:58 PM.
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Wotto, I actually gave this system a great deal of thought, and may purchase it a little further down the road. I decide to go with a live teacher for the accountability. I have so many other things that I have to do, I just needed the subtle pressure of having to tell someone whether I had practiced as much as I should.

So, yes, it seemed like it had some very good tips/advice, and I probably will add it to my learning library, especially since I am a visual and auditory learner. If I can hear it, I can learn it, but if I can hear it and see it, it learn it faster, and more permanently.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!