Thread: Back in Black!

User Info Menu

Default Back in Black!

Hi all,

Finally got things back in order after relocating from the flooding. Thankfully my staff in Bangkok had the presence of mind to move my drums onto the only small piece of flat roof that house had and chuck a car cover over them so they came out unscathed in the end..blessing!!! The booms and cymbals were all submerged for 7 weeks so that took a fair bit of scratch remover and elbow grease! (top tip; car polish scratch remover works wonders on rusty booms) The shiny new A Customs now look like something out of a PowerBeat starter kit but they still sound great (the ride actually turned black but i kinda like it ) I also had to get the throne dried out and recovered. Since moving and setting up again, I have added an 18" A Custom crash and a 13" Ziljian Pitch Black accent; a Behringer Xenyx 6 channel mixer, XXL 300 watt power amp, 6 Warfedalepro KM series drum mics and 2 x 15" two way speakers...i have to say it all sounds very nice and I am very very happy to be playing again. Look forward to joining the posting once again and chatting with old friends here from time to time...nice to be back
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Back in Black!

Good to see you back Chris, and especially glad to know that you are OK. I'm glad to hear that the kit made it through, and that you're playing again. Oh, and since I have a few A Customs too, it nice to know that they take a licking, and keep on ticking (to borrow a line from Timex).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Back in Black!

First time I've chatted with ya, but it's good to have you here--and even better that you and your drumkit survived the flooding!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Back in Black!

If BB notices, it's a good thing!