Thread: Alesis Percpad / Sample pad

User Info Menu

Default Alesis Percpad / Sample pad

Does anyone here on the forums own, or used, an Alesis Pecpad or Sample Pad?

I am leaning toward the "percpad" as a reasonable (under $100) trigger for some different sounds. The sample pad offers a bit more but runs about $100more.

The reviews online look pretty good, but wondering if anyone has had their hands on them.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Alesis Percpad / Sample pad

No one??? Figured someone on here would have played it.....

User Info Menu

Are you talking about the Alesis pad that sort of looks like a Roland Octapad? Or is it another piece of Alesis gear?
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Looks like this

User Info Menu

Well....didn't wait....GAS got the best of me......should be here in a few days. If anyone's interested, I'll post a quick review when I get it.

hobbes1 Guest

i'd be interested in hearing what your experience is...
    thx

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Well....didn't wait....GAS got the best of me......should be here in a few days. If anyone's interested, I'll post a quick review when I get it.
    Yeah, that will be great, there's hardly that many Sydney stores that deal with Alesis gear, which is probably why I haven't come across the PercPad as yet. Give it the 'going through' Longgun, and post your review. Doesn't seem too bad on the YouTube videos that I've seen so far.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of used Alesis pads out there, I'm curious to know how they are too.
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Well, ordered it on Thursday and it was at my house on Friday....played it all weekend.

I love it....it provides 25 "common" effects....like cowbells, handclaps, snaps, etc.....a great little accent piece.

It does have it's limitations...cant add sounds, but what do you expect for $80.

Messed around, placing it in different spots on the kit....think I've found it's spot just below my hats. Here are some pics: