Thread: Dtx 500 cymbal equivalents

User Info Menu

Default Dtx 500 cymbal equivalents

Hi Everyone,

Had a question, i've just got back into drumming after more than 10 years, and since i live in a flat, i got the yamaha dtx500. I love it, not only because im playing again, but because its amazing value for money. Ultimately, i plan to integrate some real cymbals into it and change the old one into a splash. I was wondering if anyone knows the 'magic numbers' so instead of trying myself, i can just imput it and be done with it.

Between the wife, cat, work and other stuff, I can''t spend too much time playing with the computer. I know there's a china crash (not a great one) on there so i can copy that, but i didn't hear anything like a splash.

Thanks for your help!

Jon

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dtx 500 cymbal equivalents

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Had a question, i've just got back into drumming after more than 10 years, and since i live in a flat, i got the yamaha dtx500. I love it, not only because im playing again, but because its amazing value for money. Ultimately, i plan to integrate some real cymbals into it and change the old one into a splash. I was wondering if anyone knows the 'magic numbers' so instead of trying myself, i can just imput it and be done with it.

Between the wife, cat, work and other stuff, I can''t spend too much time playing with the computer. I know there's a china crash (not a great one) on there so i can copy that, but i didn't hear anything like a splash.

Thanks for your help!Jon
    DTX 500 Module Manual

Drum Voice List - page 45

C: Cymbals
    #33 Splash 1
    #34 Splash 2

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dtx 500 cymbal equivalents

Thanks, I feel like a real idiot, my first post solved by "read the manual" oh well...