Thread: left hand

User Info Menu

Default left hand

i seem to be more dependent on my right hand and can't seem to catch up with my left. it's weird but a problem. very frustrating. anyway i can help this?

User Info Menu

Read the advice i put in Chezz thread. Its on the same subject.

User Info Menu

try doing drum exersises that focus on your left hand and maybe go easy on the right. The key is to train youself to be just as comfortable with both hands. So, if you are more comfortable with your right hand at the moment focus on doing things with the left moreso than you do now. It'll catch up.

User Info Menu

its not wierd to have a slow left hand, if you think about it, you use your right hand 4 times as much as your left hand does because your right hand is constantly going on the hi hat but the snare is just on 3. but yea just do exersices on your left hand more, and try open handed playing more (playing with ur left hand instead of your right not crossing your hands)

User Info Menu

i have the same problem :(

User Info Menu

Reverse your style of playing. If your crossed hands play open. And vise versa. :P It swaps your depenance inversly and will get ya practice up :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

yeah stevo's right
    practice everything that you did on your right hand on your left hand now. it will make you way better and probably turn you ambidextrous in the process like me and stevo
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

i bought a cheap set and set it up left handed. this has helped me with my left hand speed and coordination and my left foot speed.

User Info Menu

i just wanted to say...naw man its just you. give up
    just try to do everything you do with your right with your left. do it all now before it becomes habbit.