Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cymbal cleaner

User Info Menu

Exclamation

I like my cymbals clean! My old ears are bad enough from drumming & working in boiler rooms for years so I can hear the clean brite cymbals better!
    I also like the look of clean polished cymbals.
    The best cleaning products I have found are Kaboom cleaner you can get at Wally World or most stores. Remember this is only a cleaner & not a polish. It is about the same as Groove Juice but MUCH cheaper. DO NOT use it on B-8 cymbals. I only use it on really grungey plates.
    As for a polish & light cleanerI have found MAAS Metal polish the best stuff hands down! This stuff works good on cymbals & just about any other metal you will find. It's kind of hard to find but I get it here in Champaign IL. at Walgreens for about six bucks or so a tube.

Dave Huffman

User Info Menu

I've tried to clean my cymbals with shampoo once..i read an article from the internet about it. It does clean the cymbals a bit but not like new. Anyway, those of u wanna experiment on it, just pour your shampoo on the cymbal and wipe it all over until the color turn to black (caused by the dirt). Then, just wash it off & quickly dry em with hair dryer...or anything as long as it dry. Anyway, I agree with PinkFloyd...just let the cymbal be what it suppose to be

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Give Buckaroo a try

I like to keep my cymbals as clean as possible. I play all Paiste cymbals. The factory puts a protective finish on their cymbals befor they ship them. All I need to do is wipe them off with a cloth that has a little WD-40 on it about once a week, and they stay looking great. Sorry if I got off track. The comment about Buckaroo cymbal cleaner is in reference to my friend who had some old zildjian cymbals that he wanted to clean up. To make a long story shot he tried some Buckaroo, and man did those babies shine. The only downside was it also removed all logos.