Thread: Why do my cymbals sound bad?

User Info Menu

Default Why do my cymbals sound bad?

Guys,

I have been trying to tweek my cymbals for a while now to no avail. I am using a DTX900 Module with an Extreme III ekit. I have the module starting up in SP Normal mode and the drum sounds are fine but the cymbals attack is off.
    The swells are off but I think that is normal?

Does anyone know if I can ad cymbal or drum voices to the User kits?
    Last edited by drummer; 04-27-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: language

User Info Menu

Default Re: Why do my cymbals sound bad?

In my experience cymbals on E kits are usually the worst things. Generally for live use if I do use my E kit I will take my own acoustic cymbals and for practice use I just put up with the sound.
    Unfortunately I don't know too much about that module so can't offer any advice there, sorry!
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people - unfortunately I am one of them."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slammin6 View Post
    Guys,

I have been trying to tweek my cymbals for a while now to no avail. I am using a DTX900 Module with an Extreme III ekit. I have the module starting up in SP Normal mode and the drum sounds are fine but the cymbals attack is off.
    The swells are off but I think that is normal?

Does anyone know if I can ad cymbal or drum voices to the User kits?
    Go Here:
    http://www.dtxperience.com/forums/

All the info you will ever need. I used to have a Yamaha DTXtreme lll kit and this place was very helpful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slammin6 View Post
    Does anyone know if I can add cymbal or drum voices to the User kits?
    Yes you can...I've created about 30 user kits, all based on pre-kits with tweaks where necessary..I'd be happy to them share with you..as long as you have the installed DIMM you can load them and use them...just let me know...