Thread: Is this a stupid question?

User Info Menu

Default Is this a stupid question?

Hey I'm new here. I've only recently started playing, which is why this question seems stupid given my ability, but apparently i'm gifted so neway, does anyone hav tabs for stream of consciousness by dreamtheater? its such an awesum song and no matter where i look i can't find it so id be dead grateful if anyone cud giv me a copy... cheerz

User Info Menu

The only stupid questions are the ones unasked.

All I can say is: Good luck on that one. I've been looking for that tab myself forever and still can't find it. Learn it by ear and write the tabs, that way you can help other drummers out. (most of the tabs out there came from someone who did just that)

By the way, Welcome to Drum chat! There are a lot of knowledgable drummers here with a lot of experience that can help you with just about anything.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

You might try asking around in the Mike Portnoy forums on his website mikeportnoy.com

User Info Menu

That was a stupid question

User Info Menu

Did you try the tabs portal at Drum Bum? http://drumbum.com/drumtabs/
    I can usually find what I need by starting there.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Not a stupid question at all. All i've bn told nt only by drummers but bassists and guitarists is its best to figure out by ear as about 60% nof the time the tab is wrong

User Info Menu

i say.....listen to the song and come up with ur own d*** beats...be the artist that you are and don't think there is only one way to play a song......just my thoughts

User Info Menu

whatever u do, dont go the MXTabs cuz 99.9% of them are wrong. that website SUCKS!!!!!!! i usually go 2 the drumbum tabs or ultimateguitar/drum/drumtabs... (they dont have many drumtabs, they usually have guitar tabs.) & no, thats not a stupid question
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

but i do agree with utopia...
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Thats why I usually start at Drum Bum. Its more like a portal so you can use that site as sort of a springboard to everything else. Btw I don't use drum tabs that much myself but I use them to teach drums and to help my students out.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LIMPy
    Thats why I usually start at Drum Bum. Its more like a portal so you can use that site as sort of a springboard to everything else. Btw I don't use drum tabs that much myself but I use them to teach drums and to help my students out.
    LIMPy, u a teacher? ALSO i heard u tour w/ a famous band! wanna tell us who?
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

famous drummers in here? how many?

Tama_RockSt@r Guest

sammy do u hav a question?