Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amendment to Forum Rules

User Info Menu

Default Amendment to Forum Rules

We have amended the Forum Rules to include the following:

Grievances:
    Please do not use DrumChat to air your grievances about a particular company you have done business with. We understand the desire to warn others about a company but this practice leaves too much room for abuse. Please use consumer comment boards for that purpose, not Drum Chat.

------
    Currently there is a thread discussing a grievance with a particular company and it will be closed soon. This is of no fault of the member that posted it. We just don't wish to set a precedent.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Default Re: Amendment to Forum Rules

Matt

User Info Menu

Ludacris.

I motion to make an amendment that bans promoting specific companies cause it leaves room for opinionated illogical arguments and lots of flaming.

Makes the same amount of sense right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    Ludacris.

I motion to make an amendment that bans promoting specific companies cause it leaves room for opinionated illogical arguments and lots of flaming.

Makes the same amount of sense right?
    I believe that rule has already been in place.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    I believe that rule has already been in place.
    I Meant like when it came down to say a remo vs evans question or what cymbal should I get or help me choose type things. I realize we cant just post zildjians owns and all others suck as a thread. But if I cant post about a legit problem I am having with a company, why should I be able to post my good experience with others?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    I Meant like when it came down to say a remo vs evans question or what cymbal should I get or help me choose type things. I realize we cant just post zildjians owns and all others suck as a thread. But if I cant post about a legit problem I am having with a company, why should I be able to post my good experience with others?
    Haha yeah I know what you mean. I was being sarcastic with my reply.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I can understand this new rule. Imagine your the company and someone just doesn't like you and/or wishes to compete so they start slamming you online. Or, what if the customer wasn't fair on their end with regard to a transaction. I used to manage a store and this stuff happens sometimes. Not that the complaints aren't often valid, and I'm sure Bish's is but if I was a forum owner, I wouldn't necessarily want the dirty laundry to be aired in here.

User Info Menu

I see the point behind the new rule - no arguments from me on this one. I think it's still fair to relate experiences I may have had along the way, as long as it's done with the idea that it was my personal experience at that time, rather than a public condemnation of a company that may have been serving others quite well all along. Case in point, at one time a particular company had a reputation for less than stellar customer support - something that was curious to me because the one time I had to utilize their customer support, they hooked me up right, and they did it fast, so my experience was a complete 180 from some of the things I had read about them.

Aside from that, if a company is having issues, it will be well known on the internet outside of DC, so anyone doing their homework should already know.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

I think that new rule sucks realy. If someone has a problem with a products and wants advice on how to go about it then we should be able to help them just like I did with EC2's flaking away. I contacted Evans and got answers quickly and pass it on to others who got satisfaction from my email to them. So I do not see why that would be a bad thing to do. I was not advertising cause I know that is not allowed but helping out should be a different story. I thought that this was DC was here for to help each other out with anything to do with drumming. Maybe you don't agree with me but that is ok I just wanted to voice my opinion. No harm I hope.

User Info Menu

Wait a sec - this isn't about the thread with the guy's Speed Cobra pedal is it? I didn't see that as bagging on any particular company - almost any company dealing with mass-produced products are going to have some QC quirks here and there.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Wait a sec - this isn't about the thread with the guy's Speed Cobra pedal is it? I didn't see that as bagging on any particular company - almost any company dealing with mass-produced products are going to have some QC quirks here and there.
    Nah...I think this is about Bish's thread about his experience trying to deal with Gretsch about damaged drums.

This new rule kind of surprised me, but I do see the sense behind it.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    No, I think it's about Bish's problems with his drum.

I can understand the decision being made. I'm sure that had the thread in question not mentioned the companies involved this rule would not have come about.
    Presumably similar threads will be allowed to happen again as long as no specific companies are named? It's surely in everyone's interests to allow them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    We have amended the Forum Rules to include the following:

Grievances:
    Please do not use DrumChat to air your grievances about a particular company you have done business with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
    Presumably similar threads will be allowed to happen again as long as no specific companies are named? It's surely in everyone's interests to allow them.
    I think I'd stay well away from anything negative about anyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pearl mcx man View Post
    i think that new rule sucks realy. If someone has a problem with a products and wants advice on how to go about it then we should be able to help them just like i did with ec2's flaking away. I contacted evans and got answers quickly and pass it on to others who got satisfaction from my email to them. So i do not see why that would be a bad thing to do. I was not advertising cause i know that is not allowed but helping out should be a different story. I thought that this was dc was here for to help each other out with anything to do with drumming. Maybe you don't agree with me but that is ok i just wanted to voice my opinion. No harm i hope.
    +1000

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I think that new rule sucks realy. If someone has a problem with a products and wants advice on how to go about it then we should be able to help them just like I did with EC2's flaking away. I contacted Evans and got answers quickly and pass it on to others who got satisfaction from my email to them. So I do not see why that would be a bad thing to do. I was not advertising cause I know that is not allowed but helping out should be a different story. I thought that this was DC was here for to help each other out with anything to do with drumming. Maybe you don't agree with me but that is ok I just wanted to voice my opinion. No harm I hope.
    This: +1
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Guys, this is a decision that the administration has been considering for a while now. It really is bigger than just a single thread. The problem is that there is competition for dwindling dollars, and a tactic that has been noticed on the internet is that "people" will get into a chat and bash a competitor in order to drive people toward their own product. I am not saying that this has been happening around here, because Drum Chat has always been a respectful place, but the rule makes sure that it can't happen in the future.

It's a tough decision at best, but it is intended to keep Drum Chat a place where we can simply talk to one another without ulterior motives behind the chat.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Agreed.

User Info Menu

+ a ton......

User Info Menu

Guys, come on. I think the thread got taken too far when names were used. That wasn't my intention at all. If it were, their name would have been in the title.

I'm glad the administration isn't censoring this thread. When they implement something we "have to abide or take a ride." Hmmm, patent pending on that slogan. BBL...

User Info Menu

haha bish yor N trub13 :D
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pearl mcx man View Post
    i think that new rule sucks realy. If someone has a problem with a products and wants advice on how to go about it then we should be able to help them just like i did with ec2's flaking away. I contacted evans and got answers quickly and pass it on to others who got satisfaction from my email to them. So i do not see why that would be a bad thing to do. I was not advertising cause i know that is not allowed but helping out should be a different story. I thought that this was dc was here for to help each other out with anything to do with drumming. Maybe you don't agree with me but that is ok i just wanted to voice my opinion. No harm i hope.
    +1
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I normally don't post in this section of the forum, for obvious reasons, but 1+.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

How will people get help and advice if they can't get feedback? A lot of questions will go unanswered unless there's heavy activity in pm's. It has good intent and i'll of course help enforce it; it's just I think it's going to force a lot of outside searching and questions asked and answered elsewhere, instead of here. That might hurt overall activity on the forums. I considered Bish's thread highly educational and a wakeup call for me because I had always wondered how their service reputation is(I am a former user of a Gretsch set myself). I don't consider the OP to be in any way involved with the company as an employee, just a customer like me giving me a warning before spending my hard earned money on them. Shopper to shopper tips are priceless. There's promoting, and there's a cry for help.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu