Thread: yamaha dtx500 metronome question

User Info Menu

Default yamaha dtx500 metronome question

What I would like to do is to play along with music using the dtx500 rhythm gate (if you are off time it doesn't sound the drum.) Problem is that its tough to get the metronome set up so its in time (granted you know the bpm) when you press the button on the module. Is there a way to control the metronome from a drum pad (just to have the metronome go on/off). Is there any other way to get the metronome in time with music?

Also I have this pedal:

I was wondering would it help if I changed the beater on it? I don't know how that would effect my playing. If anybody knows that would be cool.
    Last edited by drummer; 05-10-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: commercial link

User Info Menu

Default Re: yamaha dtx500 metronome question

Quote Originally Posted by edd55 View Post
    What I would like to do is to play along with music using the dtx500 rhythm gate (if you are off time it doesn't sound the drum.) Problem is that its tough to get the metronome set up so its in time (granted you know the bpm) when you press the button on the module. Is there a way to control the metronome from a drum pad (just to have the metronome go on/off). Is there any other way to get the metronome in time with music?
    I've never used this feature but you can set a Tap Tempo by hitting a pad.
    The other features you mentioned are explained in the owners manual on pages 19-24.

User Info Menu

yeah I know about the tap tempo thing but can you actually start and stop the metronome from a pad and not the button? I was just wondering.

User Info Menu

ok i see how to assign the pad to stop/start the metronome.... I am still finding it difficult to sync up the metronome with music from my mp3 player that is jacked into the input on the module. Is there a way to sync the metronome on the module to a midi out click to start the metronome and a song (from my mp3 or laptop) at the same time? I dont know I am just starting out I don't know if there is any real way to do this.