Thread: Uk drums shops

User Info Menu

Default Uk drums shops

Are there any good drum shops in the uk i can try some kits? Im on holiday and going through withdrawls lol. Im near gloucester and heading towards london by train in a few days
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Uk drums shops

I've heard about Foote's Drumshop. It's in the Soho area, one of my girl drum students was there last year visiting London with her mum and sister. They picked me up a pair of Pro-Mark Ringo Starr signature sticks from there as a present. There's also Drumshack in Battersea, they deal with new and second hand gear. Shall I PM you some links and/or addresses?

Let the Poms know how good some of us Aussie drummers are btw, mate!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Hi Stevo - I can pretty much recommend my local shop, Drumwright in Reading, which is on your route - the only trouble is they're a little way out of the town. I've bought all my stuff from them. There's also Wembley Drum Centre in the Noerth London suburbs, which is also supposed to be a fine establishment, and as Drumbledore mentions, Foote's in Golden Square in London, although I find their prices on the high side.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by drummer; 05-09-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: commercial link
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!
    Roland SPD:ONE Percussion pad

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

User Info Menu

I can highly recommend Wembley Drum Centre. I spent a very happy few hours there when I was looking for a new snare. They have a couple of practice rooms set up with multiple kits in each and if you are into your e-kits then they have a mahoosive Roland room with other makes off to a side room off that. They also have a decent percussion area - my friend picked up a cajon whilst we were there. They are stockists of Mapex, DW, Pearl and Odery to name a few.

I've heard good things about drumright too.

When I purchase my run of the mill stuff (heads, sticks, snares, stands, etc.) I almost always end up at GAK's website. They have a shop in Brighton which could be worth a visit if you can stretch to such a deviation on your journey.

Hope this helps.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

Ahh cheers everybody. Yeah wont be buying anything jus wanna little jam!!! Coild always try and pick out a new snare too though cheers all
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I went in to Gigsounds in Streatham for the first time in years - used to go in there a lot when I lived in the area - the other week and was shocked. That place has really gone down hill .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    Ahh cheers everybody. Yeah wont be buying anything jus wanna little jam!!! Coild always try and pick out a new snare too though cheers all
    Have fun over there anyway, Stevo!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8