Thread: Sad now.

User Info Menu

Default Sad now.

I applied to volunteer at the local animal shelter. And they turned me down! Stupid child labor laws.

User Info Menu

:-(

User Info Menu

Hey, it just gives you more time to practice your drumming! Silver lining to every cloud, kiddo!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Never thought about it that way! Thanks. And Pastor, about your stick/teacher problem, it's the same as my open/crossed problem. Do what makes YOU play your best.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Roxy!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Welcome!

User Info Menu

Cool Sad now

Roxy--

Since you're ten years old, there's not a whole lot you can do at an animal shelter...not yet anyway.

But in California, I know there are quite a few animal welfare groups you can support financially (maybe through a car wash with your friends or a lemonade stand or something).

Since you have access to the internet, you might want to listen to the radio station where I work (WGNU in St. Louis) to a very cool show about animals.

http://www.wgnu.net/ANIMALtails083006pageone.htm

"Animal Tails" airs from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Pacific Time. (Just click the "Listen Live--Click Here" button to hear our streaming audio.)

Randy Grim is the founder of Stray Rescue St. Louis, and a really cool buddy of mine who co-hosts the show with a lovely lady named Lisbeth Tanz. Randy has a lot of guests on who love to talk about animals and how to help them. In fact, if you've heard of Linda Blair, the actress from "The Exorcist," you may already know about her WorldHeart Foundation--and she's appeared a few times on "Animal Tails."

You can talk to them toll-free at 1-877-920-WGNU. And if you do, tell Randy "the bongo man" told you to call! (that's his nickname for me!) By the way, the person who took the picture of Randy and Lis? That's me...just look at the caption underneath the picture...
    Last edited by bongobro; 07-21-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thank you BB!

User Info Menu

Uh.... They cant help it if some kid keeps coming into the shelter and feeds and waters the animals and plays with them? Thats volenteering fo ri t too..... Since your a bistander not an employee..... Why not do that?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

learn to play the rules as i have :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Lol!!

User Info Menu

Cool Sad now

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    learn to play the rules as i have :P
    Aussie rules, mate? (;-{>)...

Seriously, California has so many rules and regulations about what you can and cannot do, the government's tighter than the heads on my bongos...

having said that, maybe Roxy can come up with something on her own!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Or maybe just ask someone at UOP what they think!! LOL